iPhone 4: Greatly hyped iMovie app not supported by iPhone 3GS!
It has not been many days since the release of the iPhone 4 and it is not even in stores now but critics have already started finding faults in the new revolution from Apple. One of the most talked about features of the Apple iPhone4 is the iMovie app which supports a real time video editing and sharing capability.
The iMovie app was designed specifically for the Multi-Touch technology on iPhone 4. The photos can be added to the timeline and the screen can be tapped to zoom into the photos and add the zoomed photos to the project video. The iMovie app supports five different themes for your created videos namely modern, bright, travel, playful and news according to which an associated set of transitions and titles can be applied to the project.
But as has always been the case with Apple devices the critics have started examining the device even before the release and have found out some flaws in the iMovie apps the unnamed source has revealed that the iMovie feature is one that is specifically built to be catered by the hardware requirements of the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4 only the feature is unsupported if a phone running iPhone 3GS is upgraded to the iPhone 4.
The limitations don’t end here- While, the video clips can be recorded directly within iMovie for iPhone4 (or imported from the Camera Roll), the content cannot be transferred over to iMovie app on the Mac for further editing.
“Because your iPhone goes with you everywhere, you’re always ready to capture every moment,” this is how apple has talked about the iPhone 4’s iMovie capability on its website. But, the flaw in this feature has really cut short the list of activities that could be performed using the same. With that said, though the flaws are present in the phone, they at this point of time look to be nothing more than compatibility issues rather than big loopholes. So, it should not make any of the Apple lovers to turn away from buying the new device.
- iPhone 4: a grisly problem discovered, cold response by Apple CEO!
- iPhone 4: Retina Display, A sought after feature of the iPhone 4, a review
- iPhone App iMovie at price USD4.99 hit stores, another feather in iPhone
- iPhone 3GS in India on Airtel network, 8GB phone at price Rs. 29,500
- iPhone 4.0 OS: Features, Specs and Review from Experts over this new Gadget
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else