iPad vs.Galaxy Tab: Samsung slashes price further competition gears up
Samsung Galaxy Tab sees a price slash in the European markets in the past couple of days making the tablet comparison even more furious. In the UK Samsung Galaxy Tab prices have been slashed down from already reduced price of 700 pounds to 470 pounds while in Germany the Galaxy Tab is available at 638 pounds.
Clearly the prices of the tablet put the Tab in much tougher competition with Apple’s iPad. Germany sells the iPad with 3G $807. Samsung was criticized recently of offering Galaxy Tab at much dearer prices given the fact it is relatively cheaper to produce the Tab as compared to the iPad.
The cost of production of Samsung Galaxy Tab is less than an iPad primarily because the former comes with much smaller screen size i.e. 7-inch as compared to the iPad’s 9.4-inch. Gadget analyst Andrew Rassweiler has said that Galaxy Tab is the larger version of the Galaxy S smartphone by Samsung and does not match with the iPad on feature by feature basis. Tab lacks the same usability and design wise it is less expensive to make a Tab than an iPad, he added.
Apple has build a larger screen for the iPad as it makes for an essential ingredient to show videos and photos in high quality and makes it easier to read through wider angles. Samsung clearly saved much of it production cost by offering a 7-inch screen with a lower color accuracy and resolution.
Another expensive component of the tablet is its flash memory. 16 GB of internal memory is no where comparable to Samsung Galaxy Tab’s 1.75 GB of separate memory. Tab’s 1GHz processor is also one of the less expensive parts of the tablet and do not justify a steep price.
The factor that Samsung Galaxy Tab has been screaming about is the inclusion of two cameras, one VGA front facing camera for video calls and another rear camera or stills. The iPad has neither of them but still that does not justify the relatively higher pricing for the Tab as a camera is another less expensive component of a tablet. So to conclude Samsung Galaxy Tab does not fair over Apple iPad on screen resolution, size, technology and usability and therefore could not survive with an expensive price tag.
On the other hand Apple stated that it was willing to be aggressive on the sales of iPad while keeping the profit margins very low. It is its strategy to kill competition from Android devices such as the Tab that might want to lure tablet customers by trying to undercut iPad on pricing.
- Samsungs Galaxy for Worldwide launch, to compete with iPad, Streak
- RIM PlayBook, Samsung Tab and iPad, tablet war is getting hot
- Samsung Galaxy Tab, best Black Friday Deals of iPad rival
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Vs iPad: competition getting high before selling season
- Galaxy Tab: the first tablet PC from Samsung to hit the market soon
- Samsung Galaxy SIII price in India, Samsung Galaxy SIII Features sleek look
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Pocket Specifications
- Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus Features
- Samsung Galaxy S Aviator Price in India, Samsung Galaxy S Aviator Features
- Samsung Champ Deluxe Duos Price in India, Samsung Champ Deluxe Duos Feature
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance Price in India, Samsung Galaxy S Advance Features
- Samsung Star 3 Duos Price in India, Star 3 Duos Features DUAL SIM
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 620 Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Tab 620 Features
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus Price in India, Galaxy Ace Plus Features, Specs
- Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos Feature