iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
Apple iPad 2 Table tvs. Motorola XoomTablet vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab vs. RIM BlackBerry Playbook Tablet: price and weight comparison: The iPad 2 unveiled by Steve Jobs on March 2 comes with several improvements over the original iPad much to the satisfaction of ardent iPad fans eagerly awaiting for them.
But one thing that Steve Jobs kept intact in this second generation iPad was the price which is the same as its predecessor making it difficult for the rival tablet makers to beat it or even match it for that matter.
The other close competitors for the magnificent tablet are Samsung Galaxy Tab, RIM’s Playbook and recently launched Motorola Droid Xoom that made its debut at the CES. But none seems to beat the iPad 2 price that starts at $499, the same as the original iPad launched in April last year.
If we compare the 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab against the 9.7-inch iPad2 price wise, Apple’s iPad 2 is definitely the show stealer. Although Samsung is up for a 10.1-inch Tab release very soon (price of which is still under wraps) but till then Galaxy Tab’s (with 7-inch display) $549 price without a contract for a cellular service is too high. Similarly the price of Android powered (with the latest iteration of Honeycomb) Motorola Droid Xoom is much higher at $800 in the
RIM’s Playbook is also another iPad 2 rival in the market. The 7-inch tablet is still not released and there is no official word from the makers regarding its release date and pricing but analysts believe that the Playbook will be priced around $500 for 32GB version which makes it at par with iPad2 (ignoring the screen size).
A quick feature comparison places Samsung Galaxy Tab over other tablets when it comes to the weight of the device. The upcoming 10.1-inch Tab will be a 1.32 pounds tablet that weighs less than the iPad2. Xoom that is seen as the first iPad2 killer weighs same as the iPad 2 but its high entry price will drive tablet customers to other brands. RIM’s Playbook comes with a 7-inch screen which sounds too obsolete in times when we are talking about 9.7 or 10-inch tablets although it weighs just 0.88 pounds.
There are many factors that will decide your tablet choice; price, display size, operating system and weight. What’s your pick?
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else
- iPhone app that measures happiness proves wandering mind is unhappy mind
- iPhone 4 is most trustworthy smartphone while BlackBerry is least, study
- FaceTime works on jailbroken iPhone 3GS using Cydia with limited functions