Volkswagen to launch VW Vento in India in June, to compete with Honda City
Volkswagen, the German car maker is gearing to launch its latest sedan the VW Vento in India. The new sedan is built on the same platform as that of Polo, VW’s most recent launch in India. Vento will be available in 1.6L engine in both petrol and diesel variants.
The Volkswagen Vento is expected to hit Indian roads in June-July 2010. The company has kept the pricing of Vento in wraps but there are anticipations of the car being priced between Rs.7 lakhs to Rs.9 lakh.
Vento would be directly competing with Hyundai Verna, Swift Dzire and Fiat Linea but among all its competitors, Honda City is the one which is closely followed by Vento and it seems to many auto analysts that company has specifically targeted City while designing Vento.
Vento by Volkswagen has a 4-valve engine expected to deliver power of 105 bhp along with maximum torque of 158 Nm. On the exterior, Vento gives the same look as that of the Polo or you can say the company has lend it an ornamental transformation to convert a hatchback to a luxurious sedan.
While speaking about Vento, Neeraj Garg, director Volkswagen Group Sales India said, “The way we were competitive when we launched the hatchback (Polo), similarly we will be competitive in terms of value proposition and impact segment with the sedan. We are a premium brand with premium products and do not intend to be in the price-sensitive segment.” This clearly means that VW is confident that its products are under premium sector hence any price threat is out of question.
Volkswagen is ready to launch the Vento in three design variants namely, Vento, Vento AT, Vento Diesel and Vento Diesel AT. The Vento will be available in Deep Black, Silver, Candy White, Flash Red and Glacier Blue.
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011