Volkswagen Vento launched in India: Price, Features, Specifications Review
Volkswagen Vento launch in India: Volkswagen, the German auto giant has unveiled its latest sedan, the new Volkswagen Vento in India on Tuesday, July 6th 2010. The Polo based sedan has been earlier unwrapped in Russia and now Volkswagen India attempts to launch it in the Indian car market. Volkswagen Vento price in India is expected to be Rs. 7 lac to Rs. 10 lac.
The Vento, which means the ‘Wind’ in Italian language, is capable of generating maximum power of 105 bhp @5250 rpm and a torque of 153 nm @3800rpm with its 1.6L petrol engine. Whereas it can produce a maximum power of 105 bhp @4400 rpm and a torque of 250nm@1500-2500rpm with its 1.6L CRDI diesel engine, hence lives up to its name.
The other features and specifications of Vento Volkswagen include all the features of Polo with some additional new features. These include a comfortable interior and additional features like a height-adjustable driver’s seat, engine immobilizer and power windows. The safety features include Air bags, ABS and EBD. The Vento comes with 5 speed manual transmission in the CRDI engine whereas the petrol version gets a 6 speed automatic transmission option as well.
The dimensions of Volkwagen Vento include 4.38 m of length, 1.7 m width, and 1.46 m of height and a wheelbase of 2.55m. The Vento stands tall with a 15mm increase in ground clearance as and its stretched size surely increases the seating and storage space.
Volkswagen Vento price in India is expected to be Rs. 7 lac to Rs. 10 lac and given this price tag the sedan is anticipated to face tough competition from Honda City and Fiat Linea. The sedan is positioned above the Polo and below the Jetta by Volkswagen. Volkswagen will dish out Vento from the Chakan plant in India. In order to meet the demands of 10,000 waiting customers for Polo, VW aims to revamp the production facilities at Chakan where its Polo hatchback and Vento are being produced.
Volkswagen Vento launch is expected to come in the month of August in India and the pre-launch booking for the car is likely to start soon. While speaking about the Vento in India, Neeraj Garg, member BOD VW passenger cars, said, “The Vento stands for German engineering, Best in Class Features. This particular model has been specifically designed with the expectations and wants of our customers in mind.
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011
- BMW X1 is again popular and the most liked car in India