Volkswagen Vento for launch in 1st week of July at base price of Rs. 7 lac
Volkswagen Vento, new sedan from German car maker is set to heat up the competition in mid segment car market in India. Volkswagen Vento is expected to be set in the price range of Rs. 7-9 lac will be on Indian roads in first week of July.
The sketch of this polo based sedan was earlier released by VW and according to the images the stretched Vento definitely offers more storage space with an increased seating. Vento in Italian means Wind and VW aim to deliver the specifications of the sedan that matches its name. The Volkswagen Vento likely to compete with the A3 segment in India like Honda City, Hyundai Verna and Fiat Linea.
Volkswagen Vento is 4.38 meters long, 1.7 m wide, 1.46 m high and comes with a wheelbase of 2.55m. The Indian version will get the sedan with a 1.6L petrol engine that churns out 104 bhp and is mated with a speed manual gear delivering maximum torque of 15.8 kgm. The company is also expected to launch the sedan with a diesel heart delivering maximum torque of 25.5 kgm which is quite above the petrol version. The mileage of Vento diesel is expected to be 14 kmpl.
Volkswagen Vento might include all the features of Polo with some additional aspects such as a height adjustable driver’s seat, power windows and engine immobilizer. The more comfortable Vento comes with an array of safety features such as, Air bags, ABS and EBD. The company will assemble the Vento at its Chakan plant in India where it produces Polo.
Vento by VW will be available in three design variants namely, Vento AT, Vento Diesel and Vento Diesel AT. The luxury sedan will be seen in 5 vibrant colors: Deep Black, Flash Red, Glacier Blue, Silver and Candy White.
While announcing the release of the Vento in India, Neeraj Garg, Director VW Group Sales India has said, “The way we were competitive when we launched the hatchback (Polo), similarly we will be competitive in terms of value proposition and impact segment with the sedan.”
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011
- BMW X1 is again popular and the most liked car in India