Vodafone launches iPhone 3GS in India at 8GB phone at price Rs. 29,500
Soon after the cellular giant Bharati Airtel made an announcement to sell iPhone 3GS in India and already started with the sales, a similar announcement in now coming from Vodafone Essar. Vodafone Essar Ltd., the local unit of UK’s Vodafone Group is India’s third largest cellular service provider.
The telecom major said on Friday that it will launch Apple iPhone 3GS in India beginning today at a price of Rs. 29,500 onwards.
iPhone for 3G 8GB is priced at Rs. 33,500 and iPhone 3GS 16GB version is priced at Rs. 40,500 and 32GB is priced at Rs. 47,500 in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh however in the rest of the region it will be priced for Rs. 35,500 for 16 GB and 41,500 for 32 GB. The 8GB version of iPhone 3G is priced at Rs. 29,500.
Vodafone Essar has three plans to offer to its iPhone customers; a prepaid plan of Rs. 100 and two post paid plans with Rs. 799 (wherein the customer would get 249 minutes talk time and 250 MB data usage free) and Rs. 999 (which offers free talk time of Rs. 299 and data usage of 600 MB without charge).
Vodafone Essar Chief Marketing Officer Kumar Ramanathan said, “We are delighted to offer iPhone 3GS in India. We are confident that our customers will enjoy the revolutionary iPhone and the flexibility of our tailor tariff plans.” iPhone 3GS is seen as the most powerful phone ever launched by Apple.
The iPhone 3GS is equipped with amazing features like 3 MP camera with autofocus, video recording and hands free voice control feature. The handset also offer an access to Apple Apps Store which has more than 1.5 lakh apps in various categories right from social networking to games.
There were high speculations about Vodafone joining Airtel in the iPhone 3GS sale race. The company has also submitted for the bid in the upcoming auction for the 3G spectrum in India. This bid for the participation in the bandwidth for third generation will allow the successful bidder to offer 3G services on a commercial basis from September 1, 2010. The high speed services on 3G will give a chance to telecom companies to make huge sums for its high speed services and its multimedia capability in the Indian market.
- iPhone 3GS price in India, iPhone 3GS price and features after discount
- Airtel, Aircel to bring iPhone 4 in coming months, price yet to be revealed
- iPad 2 vs. Xoom vs. Galaxy Tab vs. Playbook: price and weight comparison
- How to Block Phone Numbers on Apple iPhone, Tips to Block Phone Numbers
- iPad 2, price, features, release time and more on second generation iPad
- MacBook Air unveiled in India features in iLife 11 at price Rs 72900
- iPhone finally gets Google Voice app in the US only, will not work on iPad
- iPad Vs. Playbook: which is better tablet player for price and features
- iTunes Store to unwrap The Beatles catalog for download, trasfer to iPhone
- Anti-iPhone- no-frills, no feature phone that just makes calls nothing else