Virgin Mobile India rolls out GSM services in Mumbai and Maharashtra
Virgin Mobile India has commercially launched its GSM mobile services today in Mumbai and Maharashtra. This move comes after the successful launches in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Tamilnadu and Orissa. The company’s move towards launching its GSM mobile services in Mumbai and Maharashtra takes it closer to its aim of helping the youth utilize their networking skills.
In an earlier press statement, Virgin Mobile India had quoted that it aims to acquire fifty lakh youth mobile users in the Indian market by 2011. The expected number of mobile users among the youth is likely to go up to 50 million users in India. The Virign company in India is a joint venture between Richard Branson's Virgin Group and Tata Teleservices has carved its niche as India’s sole youth oriented brand.
Virgin mobile users across Mumbai would be charged 20p/min for STD and local calls to any Virgin Mobile number without purchasing any special pack. Calls to any other network would be charged at 40p/min for local and 50p/min for STD without any pack. Local and national sms would cost 50p and Re 1 respectively. All roaming calls are charged at 60p/min.The above tariffs are valid for 365 days.
Virgin Mobile India has 2 attractive introductory SMS packs to offer as well with a validity period of 30 days. A Rs. 32 pack would provide 2000 national and international SMS for one month and a Rs 69 pack would enable users to send 500 national and international SMS’s daily. Not only this, the customers can also select their own number, get bills for prepaid connections without shelling out any extra charges.
Virgin Mobile India has added another feather to its cap by initiating its unique marketing assignment vturf which gives the youth an opportunity to share their ideas and research on Virgin mobile products.
The Virgin Mobile company has added many industry firsts to its list with its foray into the GSM segment, other than itemized prepaid bill and vturf initiative. It has taken a leap towards customer service by introducing full bill guarantee on prepaid connections.
As a part of this facility, Virgin mobile would be paying the bill on behalf of its customer’s if their complaints are not attended to within 48 hours.The brand has also roped in Genelia D souza as its brand ambassador further strengthening its youth outlook.
- Virgin Mobile GSM Service vMingle, vGenie, vBelong in South India launched
- Virgin Mobile Hi Speed Internet charges, Virgin Mobile vFlash internet rate
- Virgin Mobile STD call at 20p per min for GSM users in Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Loop Mobile Money service in India, How to use Loop Mobile Money service
- Wynncom 7 Dual SIM Price
- Obi Alligator S454 price in India
- Xolo Q1100 Price in India
- XOLO Q800 X-Edition Price in India
- Gionee GPAD G2 price in India
- Salora FonTab price in India
- Nikon D7100 DSLR Price in India
- Intel XOLO X500 Price in India
- Idea Ivory Price in India
- Doro PhoneEasy 740 Price in India, Doro PhoneEasy 740 Features 5MP Camera
- Beetel GD777 Price in India, Beetel GD777 Features FM Radio, Music player