VW to launch Polo Sedan/ Vento in July, expected price Rs. 7-10 lac
Volkswagen is gearing to unleash its sedan on the Indian roads. The sedan is expected to sit in the INR 7-10 lakh segment competing with the cars like Fiat Linea, Ford Fiesta, upcoming Toyota Etios Sedan and most importantly the Honda City which is seen as its toughest competitor.
The latest VW Polo Sedan will be seen on Indian roads by July 2010. According to market trends VW has decided to pre pone(earlier the launch was due at the end of this year) its launch given the fact the Toyota will launch Etios Sedan and even Ford’s new Fiesta is also preparing for the launch around that time.
The VW Polo Sedan is expected to come with a 1.6L engine but the company may even launch the Sedan with a 1.2L engine in order to avail tax benefits. If the company decides to launch the car with 1.6L engine than it will launch it with two engine options: 1.6L petrol engine and 1.6L diesel engine. Both the engines will have 105 bhp and a manual gear box. The torque offered by the diesel version is going to be much higher at 25.5 kgm as compared to the petrol version which is 15.8 kgm.
The upcoming Polo Sedan will be called VW Vento in India. The Sedan has been named by the company following the naming tradition of VW. It is interesting to note that VW names its cars after prominent winds and Vento means ‘wind’ in both Italian and Portuguese. The Sedan will be based on the same platform as the current version of the Polo.
VW Polo Sedan is seen as the saloon version of recently launched Polo. The rear section or third box is well integrated with the body. The stunning lights which is the USP of every VW car compliments very well with squarish tail lamp that really suits the overall stance of the car.
The interior of VW Polo Sedan boast of a more spacious legroom which has been extended by 50mm as the wheelbase is slightly longer in the Sedan offering larger legroom to its rear passengers. Even the headroom is better as the car roof does taper down very sharply. The VW Polo Sedan is expected to have a double lined front grill.
Indian buyers may see Volkswagen Polo Sedan in 6 beautiful shades – candy white, flash red, pepper grey, deep blue, silver and glacier blue.
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011
- BMW X1 is again popular and the most liked car in India