Tips on how to check engine oil of your car, steps to check engine oil
tips on how to check your car’s engine oil, How to check the engine oil of your car, engine oil checking of your car, car maintenance
Checking the engine oil of your car is very important for your car maintenance therefore it is highly recommended that you check the engine oil of your car once in fifteen days. And to do this easily yourself here are tips on how to check your car’s engine oil.
The instructions to check your car oil are as follows-
- 1. First step before you check engine oil of your car is park your car on a level surface, it should be neither too low nor too raised for correct engine oil checking of your car.
- 2. Next tip in checking engine oil of your car to get the most accurate oil reading of your car engine, check the oil when the engine is cold.
- 3. To get to the engine oil you need to pull the hood release lever placed under the dashboard. You will find the hood at the front of car, find the latch and squeeze it as you do it, the hood gets opened.
- 4. Now you can check the oil level of your car by inserting the dipstick into the engine. This long metal piece which will be found sticking out of the engine with a loop at one end. You can easily locate it as it is labeled ‘Oil’ mostly in a bright color.
- 5. You can pull the dipstick all the way out by pulling the loop. Now wipe out the oil from the dipstick with the help of a rag or towel to make it clean.
- 6. This clean dipstick will tell you the exact oil level. All you need is replace it inside and pull it back out and hold it horizontally in front of you. The dipstick is marked with 2 lines, usually, and there is a cross hatch design in between. Your correct oil level should be half way between these 2 lines.
- 7. If it is not, then add more oil by unscrewing the oil filter cap marked with ‘engine oil’ and check the oil level again repeating the process. Add more oil if needed. Once you are finished with adding oil secure the oil filter cap tightly back.
Tags: tips on how to check your car’s engine oil, How to check the engine oil of your car, engine oil checking of your car, car maintenance, best tips for checking engine oil of your car, easy steps to check engine oil of your car
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011