Tata Venture for launch in Nov, set to competes with Maruti Omni and Eeco
Tata Motors seems to be seriously working on the seven seater van segment in the country and carve a niche space in the segment. The automobile maker plans to launch the new Tata Venture in the country this month to grab a larger share of the van segment in the Indian auto market which is largely dominated by Maruti Suzuki’s two models, the Maruti Omni and the Maruti Eeco. The lack of other players in the segment has provoked Tata to venture into the segment with its Venture in diesel engine.
The seven seater van, Tata Venture features a diesel engine which is coming for the first time in the segment. Maruti’s Omni and Eeco both come with a petrol version which definitely gives an edge to Tata’s own Venture in the segment. The diesel motor of automobile maker’s new vehicle does not see any competitors in the segment and this condition seems to work just right for Tata.
Powered by a 1.4 L diesel engine, the new Tata Venture is based on Super Ace Platform and churns out 70 bhp. The car is powered by 1.4 L turbo charged CDRI diesel engine that delivers 70 bhp of power @4500 rpm with torque of 135 Nm @2500 rpm. The car offers best in class fuel efficiency among diesel MPVs. This is the same engine that powers Tata Indica and years of performance of Indica prove the mettle of the engine.
The vehicle was displayed earlier at the Auto Expo in New Delhi this year and it is learned that Tata has reached the final testing of the Venture and the same should be made available this month in India.
Tata Venture price is expected to be between Rs. 4.5-6.5 lac. Venture offers a comfortable accommodation for 8 passengers and plenty of luggage space. The interior of the car features side impact beam, collapsible steering and power steering with power windows. Tata Venture features reverse parking aids, rear wipers, keyless entry, dual heating ventilation and AC with roof mounted ducts and glass house effect with plug-in window for second row.
- Tata Indica Vista price for petrol model,Tata Indica Vista price for diesel
- Tata Dolphin Price, Tata Dolphin Launch, Tata Motors upcoming car 2011
- Tata Nano diesel launch in September, Tata Nano diesel booking to open soon
- New Tata Safari coming soon with new engine, interiors, exterior features
- Tata Dolphin cars for launch in 2011, Tata Dolphin features, Specification
- Manza Elan with a facelift of Tata Indigo Manza for launch in 2011
- Tata Nano to come with diesel variant and better features this August
- Jaguar Land Rover wins 80 awards in 2010- Discovery 4 and Jaguar XJ at top
- Tata new car Price
- Tata electric car Indica Vista EV, features, launch and Indica Vista price