Tata Nano silver model catches fire, Tata Motors orders inquiry
After overcoming the pe production problems for the Tata Nano, its parents company has to face now post production problems. It has been fourth such incident where Tata Nano has suddenly caught fire. Though no one have been seriously hurt so far, these incidents can raise security alarms among curious costumers who are driving Tata Nano and potential customers who are waiting for the delivery of the car.
It was around 45 minutes after Satish Sawant, an insurance broker was going home in his new Tata Nano that it caught fire and turned into trash. He was provided with a driver to take the car home as he does not know how to drive.
He did not even have the chance to sit on driving seat. “I have no idea what happened. A motorcycle rider overtook me and told me that the vehicle was on fire,’’ said Satish Sawant.
Satish Sawant bought the car for Rs 2.4 lacs from from a showroom in Prabhawati, Mumbai. The Tata Nano which caught fire was silver Nano fitted with A/C and a power steering. A case has been filed into a local police station also.
Tata Motors have ordered an inquiry into the incident. A Tata spokesperson says, “This is a unique case. We are trying to figure out what went wrong."
In the past also there has been 3 separate incidences of Nano catching fire. In one of the incidents it was believed to be from short circuit. Two of them were in Lucknow and Ghaziabad.
So far Tata Motors have sold more than 25,000 Tata Nano cars and have booking for more than 200, 000 more cars. Tata Motors have also launched Tata Nano in Sri Lanka, Bandladesh. Tata Nano has also made its entry into developed countries.
Tata Motors will start full scale productions of Tata Nano cars to meet demand from developed countries like US and European countries.
- Tata Indica Vista price for petrol model,Tata Indica Vista price for diesel
- Tata Dolphin Price, Tata Dolphin Launch, Tata Motors upcoming car 2011
- Tata Nano diesel launch in September, Tata Nano diesel booking to open soon
- New Tata Safari coming soon with new engine, interiors, exterior features
- Tata Dolphin cars for launch in 2011, Tata Dolphin features, Specification
- Manza Elan with a facelift of Tata Indigo Manza for launch in 2011
- Tata Nano to come with diesel variant and better features this August
- Jaguar Land Rover wins 80 awards in 2010- Discovery 4 and Jaguar XJ at top
- Tata new car Price
- Tata electric car Indica Vista EV, features, launch and Indica Vista price