Tata Nano gets free additional safety features, not a recall says company
Tata Nano, the world’s cheapest car now get an option of installing additional safety protection after at least six Nanos caught fire ever since it was launched in July 2009. Tata Motors however insists that this did not amount to a ‘recall’ by the automobile manufacturer.
Nano, which has repeatedly seen increased safety concerns arising out of inadequate safety measures, has been intervened third time by the company in a little over a year. This is with an aim to build confidence among the vehicle owners and to take preventive steps to convince Nano customers about their car safety credentials.
The extra safety offer by Tata Motors will bring every one out of the 70,000 odd Nano owners in contact with the company to get an opportunity to fit two additional safety features that will prevent short circuits or fire in the car. The company will fit these parts free of any charges. The new safety components offered by Tata Motors include a cover tool on the catalytic converter and fuses in its electrical components to prevent the car from catching fire.
According to an official spokesperson the fire incidents in various Nanos so far were specific to the units. He further added, “We have noticed instances of additional foreign electrical equipment having been installed or foreign material left on the exhaust system.” The step taken by Tata Motors will definitely help the car maker in gaining back the lost confidence of customers in the Nano.
The vehicle was launched in 2009 with an aim to target the lower middle income group in the country with a ‘one lac rupee’ car promise. But the car was experiencing declined sales especially in the month of October which is deemed as the rosy period for automobile sales in the country.
- Tata Indica Vista price for petrol model,Tata Indica Vista price for diesel
- Tata Dolphin Price, Tata Dolphin Launch, Tata Motors upcoming car 2011
- Tata Nano diesel launch in September, Tata Nano diesel booking to open soon
- New Tata Safari coming soon with new engine, interiors, exterior features
- Tata Dolphin cars for launch in 2011, Tata Dolphin features, Specification
- Manza Elan with a facelift of Tata Indigo Manza for launch in 2011
- Tata Nano to come with diesel variant and better features this August
- Jaguar Land Rover wins 80 awards in 2010- Discovery 4 and Jaguar XJ at top
- Tata new car Price
- Tata electric car Indica Vista EV, features, launch and Indica Vista price