Suzuki to recall 46549 units of Grand Vitara 2006 model, recall after 25th
Suzuki, the Japanese car maker’s American division is recalling the 2006 model year Grand Vitara SUVs and XL-7 for a potentially defective hydraulic power assist steering pump. According to the official press released by the company Suzuki is recalling 46,549 units of Grand Vitara in US due to steering problem. The recall is expected to begin on or before 25th June, 2010.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) said that the tension adjuster pulley for the drive belt that operates the power steering pump and air conditioner has an outer portion made of plastic. In the event of repeated heat stress the plastic material can deteriorate and the pieces of pulley can break off.
As the consequence of such a defect, the broken pieces of the pulley can get caught between the pulley and the drive belt. This causes the drive belt to come off and as a result the driver requires more efforts to steer the vehicle which also increases the risk of the crash. With the recall being offered by Suzuki, the dealers will be directed to replace the power steering pump belt tension adjuster pulley of the Grand Vitara free of charge.
Owners of Grand Vitara can take their affected vehicles to the nearest Suzuki dealer and avail the free repair. They can contact Suzuki at 1-800-934-0934. They can also contact the NHTSA at 1-888-327-4236 or can visit the Administration’s Safecar website. However according to officials at Maruti India, a subsidiary of Suzuki, said that only vehicles from US were being recalled and the units of Grand Vitara in India were unaffected by the steering problem.
- Suzuki Kizashi priced around Rs. 9 lac, One of the Best in Mid size Sedans
- Suzuki upgraded New Swift unveiled, ready for launch by September
- Suzuki Swift 2011 set to break new grounds with improved performance
- Suzuki Skydrive set for launch soon at price Rs. 45,000
- Suzuki SX4 SportBack pictures revealed, aiming to be a rally car
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison