Suzuki Swift 2011 set to break new grounds with improved performance
Japanese automobile giant Suzuki has lifted covers off the new Suzuki Swift 2011. The production of the model has begun with effect from 10 June at Magyar Suzuki, Suzuki’s Hungarian subsidiary. The model will first be launched in Hungary this autumn and thereafter in other European countries.
The new Suzuki 2011 has improvisations in terms of looks, comfort, interiors, safety and performance. High tensile strength steel used has imparted the vehicle light weight and stiffness. Apart from this, it has also contributed in terms of safety by improving the impact safety for passengers as well as pedestrians.
The model looks more curvaceous now and has undergone changes in its dimensions. It is lengthier now and its overall length stands 3,850mm as against the earlier versions overall length of 3760 mm. There are minor differences in its width and height as well when compared to the earlier version. The wheelbase also stands broader at 2430, mm.
There have been modifications to the tyre profiles as well. The front tread specifications stand at 1,490mm (15-inch) / 1,480mm (16-inch) while the rear treads measures 1,495mm (15-inch) / 1,485mm (16-inch). This is beneficial in imparting an improvement to the performance and handling of the model.
Suzuki Swift 2011 would come in two engine variants namely K12B 1.2-litre petrol engine and D13A 1.3-litre diesel engine. The K12B is an evolution of the 1.2-litre K-series petrol engine. It promises to be more powerful and efficient yielding 118 Nm of torque. The K12B is also expected to be equipped with Dual VVT (Variable Valve timing) leading to 94 PS of power. The combined CO2 emissions of the K12B and D13A variants stand at 116g/Km and 109 g/Km respectively. The improved fuel economy figures stand at 5.0 litres/100km for the petrol engine and 4.2 litres/100km for the diesel variant.
Suzuki Swift 2011 is highly awaited by customers in India as well. Suzuki Swift has played a major role in the company’s Global strategy right from 2004 onwards. With worldwide sales climbing up to more than 1.65 million units and many accolades behind it , Swift has been Suzuki’s most successful product. With the Suzuki Swift 2011, the company aims to reach higher grounds.
- Suzuki upgraded New Swift unveiled, ready for launch by September
- Suzuki Kizashi priced around Rs. 9 lac, One of the Best in Mid size Sedans
- Suzuki to recall 46549 units of Grand Vitara 2006 model, recall after 25th
- Suzuki Skydrive set for launch soon at price Rs. 45,000
- Suzuki SX4 SportBack pictures revealed, aiming to be a rally car
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison