Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
General Motors plans to launch a small car, Chevrolet Spark 800, in India by 2012. The car would be the latest entry in the small car division and would be competing with the likes of i10, Santro and Alto. However, the biggest competitor of Spark 800 would be Maruti 800. The car is expected to be at a price range of Rs 3 lakhs. Spark 800 claims to give a mileage of 19km/l.
Chevrolet Spark Spark 800 would have a 3-cylinder, 796 cc petrol engine. This petrol engine delivers maximum power of 49 bhp and max torque of 68.6 NM. The height, width and length of the car are 1518mm, 1495mm and 3495 mm respectively. The suspension system in Spark 800 is likely to be McPherson strut - torsion beam axle. Shock absorbers along with this type of suspension system offers total control on wheels which results in a comfortable ride.
GM Spark 800 is equipped with front ventilated and back disc brakes along with 5 manual gears. The car boasts of features such as power steering and adjustable seats. The interiors of this hatchback car from GM are much better as compared to that of Maruti 800. The display features important control functions and that too in the semi-circular design. Information such as speed and fuel level is displayed on the instrument panel, which helps the user to re-fill the petrol whenever required. Despite being a small car, it has ample leg space.
The Chevrolet Spark 800 car has plastic fuel tank, knee padding and a special safety valve that blocks the supply of the fuel in case the car turns over. However, there are few safety features that are absent in Spark 800 including passenger-driver airbags and ABS.
The two design variants of the car Spark 800 are Chevrolet Spark 800 and Chevrolet Spark 800 LS. Spark 800 would be available in various color options such as mint green, fiery red, icy blue, Casablanca white and platinum metallic. The car is expected to be an instant hit among women considering the stylized looks and modern interiors.
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011
- BMW X1 is again popular and the most liked car in India