Skoda Yeti hits the road on Nov 15 at price between Rs. 16.5 lac-18 lac
Skoda forays into India’s SUV/crossover segment with the launch of Yeti that is in top gears to roll in the country on November 15. Skoda recently launched its facelifted Fabia in the country and in just within a month the automobile manufacturer aims to make it big at the SUV segment with Yeti.
The crossover is based on the same platform as the Laura and borrows the exterior design cues from Laura while the interior seems to be inspired much by Skoda Roomster. Skoda Yeti will be launched in two trim levels in the country namely; Ambiente and Elegance. The expected Skoda Yeti price will be between Rs. 16.5 lac and Rs. 18 lac.
Skoda Yeti features a 2.0 L Common Rail Diesel Engine that produces 140 bhp of peak power and 32.4 kgm of peak torque. As mentioned earlier Yeti’s exterior is based on Laura’s platform and the vehicle boasts of its robust looks and impressive front grille derived from Laura.
It has friendly looking dual headlamps and its muscular flanks and distinct wings deliver the much SUVish appeal to the vehicle. On the interior, the Yeti features three rows of seats with the middle row that is collapsible offering larger boot room and luggage space.
The other top notch Yeti features at the interior includes Bluetooth, Park Assist, Touch Screen, 6 -CD changer, panoramic sun roof and off road button. The car has flexible seating options and offers large variety of seating arrangements. Among the safety features of Yeti are airbags and ABS for individual wheel Haldex clutch.
Skoda definitely aims to make it big at the SUV segment of the Indian automobile market and with 1000 pre-orders it seems that the vehicle is just on the right track and even higher numbers can be expected after its launch on November 15. But still it would be interesting to see whether this luxurious crossover can do something magical especially among the other Yeti rivals in the segment including Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavor, Hyundai Captiva and newly launched Santa Fe and also with the just launched Tata Aria.
- Skoda Yeti at price Rs. 15 lac to roll on Indian roads on Nov 18th
- Skoda Yeti India launches first crossover at price of Rs. 15.4 lac
- Skoda launched affordable Superb 1.8 TST MT petrol in India
- New Skoda Fabia launch at base price Rs. 4.35 lac with face-lift features
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011
- BMW X1 is again popular and the most liked car in India