Skoda Yeti India launches first crossover at price of Rs. 15.4 lac
Skoda Yeti India, launched Skoda’s first crossover/SUV in India on November 15 and the Volkswagen company revealed the Skoda Yeti price for the Indian audience. The SUV will be priced between Rs. 15.4 lac and Rs. 16.6 lac in the country.
Skoda Yeti will be rolled out in two trim levels namely; Skoda Yeti Ambiente and Skoda Yeti Elegance. The Skoda Yeti Ambiente price is fixed between Rs. 14.98 lac and Rs. 15.91 lac whereas the Skoda Yeti Elegance price is between Rs. 16.18lac and Rs. 17.16 lac in India.
Skoda Yeti India also confirmed that it got booking orders for 1,000 units. Skoda Yeti launch ceremony that was held at Hotel Janpath in New Delhi yesterday showcased the vehicle and from the looks of it we could see that the front of the SUV is similar to its current generation models.
The Yeti looks stunning with the dramatically placed front fog lamps that are mounted very close to headlight and which is very unlikely of Skoda design. The rectangular headlights are being raised into the bonnet and vertical slats are highlighted by chrome molding with a Skoda badge in the centre.
Skoda Yeti features a 2.0 L TDI Common Rail Engine, similar to the other engines in VW family. The engine produces 140 bhp of peak power and 32.4 kgm of torque. The vehicle has sedan-rivaling ARAI certified efficiency figures of 17.67 kmpl and comes with a surprising CO2 emission of just 149g making it an environment friendly SUV.
At the inside Soda has delivered center console similar to that of Laura and Superb. The interiors come with high quality built and offer a rich feel. It has a spacious cabin adequate to accommodate a regular sized family comfortably. The vehicle offers best in class safety features also.
Skoda Yeti will be available in 6 vibrant colors hues namely; Candy White, Aqua Mist, Magic Black, Corrida Red, Mato brown and Brilliant Silver. It remains to be seen what Yeti does in India’s SUV segment that is already dominated by top players including Hyundai Captiva and Santa Fe, Toyota Fortuner, Ford Endeavor and recently launched Tata Aria.
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011