Sharp handsets launch in India today at price Rs 6500 for youth
Sharp Business Systems (India) Ltd, a unit of Japan's Sharp Corp announced their entry on Thursday in Indian handset market. The company is planning to target youth in urban and semi-urban cities with attractive feature available these days. They have planned to launch four beautiful handset models for now, which would be available in the market starting today.
The company Sharp Business Systems revealed that they have the company does not intent to compete in the entry level segment, by the managing director, and claim that their mobiles are basically for trendy yet conscious consumers, which means youth of India. The four handsets are known as Alice, Blink, Tango and Cyborg, among which Cyborg would also be available in a 3G variant. The major news is the handsets would be available in the market starting today except the Cyborg 3G which would take another two weeks to launch. The general manager Kishlay Ray added, "Our handsets have been modeled keeping in mind the youth between the age group of 16 – 30 years in urban and semi-urban cities."
The Sharp handsets are priced starting from Rs 6,500 and going up to Rs 18,000. But the price for the 3G version is yet not revealed. The Japanese company has their plant in India but they do not intent to manufacture anything here, so the major investment here would only be into sales and marketing of the product. Also, the speakers revealed that the company is actively considering Android OS and the phones should be out in the coming 4-6 months.
Since India is world's fastest-growing telecom market by subscriber additions but presently dominated by Nokia Corp., Motorola Inc. and Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and also the local companies such as Micromax Informatics Ltd. So like many other companies Sharp Corporation also taking advantage of the imminent 3G spectrum in the country. They claimed that their phones offer features like full touch LCD screen, G-Sensor, shortcut to social networking services, LED illumination, Bluetooth, FM radio, dual SIM facility, and camera and so on and so forth. Ray also stated that over the next six months we will be coming up with various offers and ideas to keep the brand name top of mind in the consumers’ minds.
- Wynncom launches 7 affordable and feature rich dual SIM handsets in India
- Apple iPad to be launched in India, iPad 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB Price
- Wynncom 7 Dual SIM Price
- Wynncom launches 7 DUAL SIM mobile in India at price range of Rs. 1500-5000
- Transcend PF700 Digital Photo Frame is now launched in Indian Market
- Obi Alligator S454 price in India
- Xolo Q1100 Price in India
- XOLO Q800 X-Edition Price in India
- Gionee GPAD G2 price in India
- Salora FonTab price in India
- Nikon D7100 DSLR Price in India
- Intel XOLO X500 Price in India
- Idea Ivory Price in India
- Doro PhoneEasy 740 Price in India, Doro PhoneEasy 740 Features 5MP Camera
- Beetel GD777 Price in India, Beetel GD777 Features FM Radio, Music player