Samsung Galaxy Tab Vs iPad: competition getting high before selling season
The battle between the two competitors Samsung Galaxy Tab and Apple iPad, on sharing the market of the tablets is even tougher than before the selling session, which is brought by the approach of Christmas. Therefore, price is the most striking reason for which Samsung Galaxy seems to have won over Apple iPad. For example, while Galaxy Tab is available at price £399, iPad can be purchased with free delivery at price around £499.
Another advantage of Galaxy Tab over iPad is that it can be used to set up phone calls and it can also support Flash 10.1 version, while iPad is lacking these features. Moreover, the Android version of Glalaxy Tab’s OS is friendlier. The improved version 2.2 is more reliable, considering the saying of the customers and the perspective of being upgraded when 3.0 version will be available is bonus point.
The physical differences between the two tablets are arguable, because when talking about Galaxy Tab’s smaller dimensions (7 inch diagonal screen in comparison with iPad’s 9.7 inches) one can conclude that Samsung’s tablet is more portable, instead of considering the display’s size an inconvenient. On the other hand, the brightness and the resolution of the iPad’s screen (1024 x 768 – pixel resolution) are higher ranked.
In terms of functionality, Apple is notorious for the wide offer of apps and Samsung is trying to catch the leader with Android’s versatility and full support for apps installation.
During a hand-on running, iPad’s performance is obviously lofty, while Galaxy Tab is a bit slower and labouring. It was actually tested that Samsung is actually running some apps twice slower than iPad, especially when WiFi connection is used.
Overall, Samsung’s alternative to iPad might be considered for budget reasons and improved portability, but it also should be balanced by the potential customers the issue of stability and the fact that the battery is not replaceable. At the end, you might never need to change it because other
Samsung is definitively aiming to overcome Apple on the market of tablets, just it did with the smartphones. This is confirming the leading position that iPas is for the others devices and also makes Apple aware of the products faults, which can be easily spotted and contra-argued by Samsung.
Tags: Samsung Galaxy Tab Vs iPad, price Samsung Galaxy Tab Vs iPad, features and specs Samsung Galaxy Tab Vs iPad, Samsung Galaxy Tab Vs iPad review
- Samsung Galaxy Tab not getting Honeycomb, Motorola Xoom its latest rival
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 price in India, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 price
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 620 Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Tab 620 Features
- Samsung Galaxy Tab on sale from November 10 at $399, T-Mobile wins the race
- Samsung Galaxy Tab to hit India on Nov. 10 at price Rs. 38,000
- Samsung Galaxy SIII price in India, Samsung Galaxy SIII Features sleek look
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Pocket Specifications
- Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus Features
- Samsung Galaxy S Aviator Price in India, Samsung Galaxy S Aviator Features
- Samsung Champ Deluxe Duos Price in India, Samsung Champ Deluxe Duos Feature
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance Price in India, Samsung Galaxy S Advance Features
- Samsung Star 3 Duos Price in India, Star 3 Duos Features DUAL SIM
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus Price in India, Galaxy Ace Plus Features, Specs
- Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos Feature
- Samsung Omnia W Price in India 2011, Samsung Omnia W Price and Features