Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.1, to be available over 5 US carriers
Samsung is leaving no stone unturned to market its latest Android 2.1 powered Smartphone: Samsung Galaxy S. The phone is already being touted as the best thing in Android Smartphone market which would redefine the Smartphone experience. Added to this five US carriers would be sporting five different names for the Smartphone. The carriers Verizon, T mobile, AT&T, US Cellular and Sprint would brand the phone as Fascinate, Vibrant, Captivate, Galaxy S and Epic 4G respectively.
Samsung hasn’t had much luck with Smart phones so far and with Samsung Galaxy S the company looks to make a mark in the Smartphone segment. Its earlier versions haven’t received the desired market response as Apple or HTC branded handsets. This is being projected as one of the reasons why Samsung couldn’t clinch an exclusive deal with a single carrier. But on the positive side, it can be seen as a step towards Samsung’s agenda of tripling its Smartphone shipments.
Alternatively it could also indicate that the latest offering captivated the interests of multiple carriers. With this deal with five US carriers, Samsung has achieved what Google’s Nexus One could do. Apparently Google’s Nexus One is the only Android powered phone which has arrived on four US carriers. So it would be interesting to see how the markets look up to Samsung’s innovation this time.
Samsung’s Galaxy S will sport more or less the same features across the five versions with slight differences. The phone comes with 4 inch Super AMOLED display. It is powered by a 1GHz Cortex A8 Hummingbird processor. The handset has abundant internal storage of 2 GB. Connectivity options include Bluetooth, WI-Fi and GPS. Camera of 5 mp with LED flash and 720p video recording feature is also available.
Each carrier would be customizing Samsung Galaxy with their own network services. Samsung’s Galaxy S aka Fascinate on Verizon network would come loaded with Verizon services like VZ Navigator, Video on Demand and Song ID, V Cast Music etc. The Captivate version of AT&T would sport features such as AT&T Address Book, family map, navigator to name a few.
On T-Mobile, the Vibrant would come with an exclusive collector’s edition of Sims 3 game, MobiTV, Slacker Radio, free in-flight Wi-Fi for a month and Amazon Kindle for Android. Galaxy S Pro brought out by Sprint would don a QWERTY keyboard and front facing camera. An android 2.2 update is also expected to be a future possibility for this 4G capable handset. US cellular’s specifications haven’t been clarified as yet.
- Samsung Galaxy S smartphone is ahead of rival Android based phones
- Samsung Galaxy S Android based smartphones launch in US with 6 top carriers
- Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.2 Smartphone features and froyo upgrade
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance Price in India, Samsung Galaxy S Advance Features
- Samsung Galaxy S Aviator Price in India, Samsung Galaxy S Aviator Features
- Samsung Galaxy SIII price in India, Samsung Galaxy SIII Features sleek look
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Pocket Specifications
- Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus Features
- Samsung Champ Deluxe Duos Price in India, Samsung Champ Deluxe Duos Feature
- Samsung Star 3 Duos Price in India, Star 3 Duos Features DUAL SIM
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 620 Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Tab 620 Features
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus Price in India, Galaxy Ace Plus Features, Specs
- Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos Feature
- Samsung Omnia W Price in India 2011, Samsung Omnia W Price and Features
- Samsung Wave 3 Price in India, Samsung Wave 3 Features 5MP camera