Samsung Galaxy S smartphone now on Cellular South, its 6th carrier in US
Samsung announced that the Galaxy S smartphones will be launched by Cellular South and with the inclusion of this new carrier, the Android based smartphone by Samsung will now be distributed by six carriers in all in the U.S.
According to the press release by Samsung in Business Wire at Dallas, the number one mobile phone provider in the U.S., Samsung announced that the Android 2.1 powered Galaxy S portfolio will be available on U.S carriers including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless, U.S Cellular and Cellular South in 2010.
The Galaxy S smartphone by Samsung comes with the most modern design including an advanced 4 inch AMOLED touch screen, a super fast 1GHz Hummingbird Processor, Google Mobile Services that includes Google, Search, Google Maps, Gmail, YouTube, Google Talk, Android Market and more. The processor delivers superior 3-D graphics, fast uploads and downloads of HD multimedia content. Samsung also offers a multitude of entertainment, messaging and social network features and applications to its Galaxy S smartphones.
In addition to this the new Samsung Galaxy S smartphones also features six-axis motion sensing using an accelerometer and geo-magnetic sensor and a user interface that supports a series of advanced touch screen gestures capabilities including multitouch pinch, long tap and zoom and vertical and horizontal swiping. The device also lets is users connect to Samsung’s Social Hub which is mainly built around messaging and contacts including email, SMS, instant messages and social network updates.
Various U.S carriers launch the Samsung Galaxy S smartphone with their own software and services. For instance on AT&T carrier, the device will be called Samsung Captivate and comes with its own software and services. Similarly on T-Mobile, it is called Samsung Vibrant with some add-ons by the carrier.
Verizon launches Samsung Galaxy S in the name of Fascinate with the same basic specs and addition software and services. The Sprint will launch Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S smartphone with its on inputs to the device in terms of software. Not much has been revealed by Cellular Couth Galaxy S variants but it definitely comes with its base specs and will be launching it this fall with other regional operator US Cellular.
While speaking about the launch of Samsung Galaxy S smartphones to multiple carriers in the U.S, Chief Strategy Officer for Samsung Mobiles, Omar Khan said in the press release, “This is a groundbreaking opportunity for Samsung to bring the Galaxy S portfolio to multiple carriers this year. The best-in-class features set found on the Galaxy S will truly change the way consumers engage with their device.”
- Samsung Galaxy S smartphone is ahead of rival Android based phones
- Samsung Galaxy S smartphones announced on 4 major US carriers
- Samsung Galaxy S Android based smartphones launch in US with 6 top carriers
- Samsung Galaxy S Vs Motorola Droid Pro: fully feature packed smartphones
- Samsung Galaxy S Android 2.2 Smartphone features and froyo upgrade
- Samsung Galaxy SIII price in India, Samsung Galaxy SIII Features sleek look
- Samsung Galaxy Pocket Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Pocket Specifications
- Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Pop Plus Features
- Samsung Galaxy S Aviator Price in India, Samsung Galaxy S Aviator Features
- Samsung Champ Deluxe Duos Price in India, Samsung Champ Deluxe Duos Feature
- Samsung Galaxy S Advance Price in India, Samsung Galaxy S Advance Features
- Samsung Star 3 Duos Price in India, Star 3 Duos Features DUAL SIM
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 620 Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Tab 620 Features
- Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus Price in India, Galaxy Ace Plus Features, Specs
- Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos Price in India, Samsung Galaxy Y Pro Duos Feature