Nokia to regain top spot with MeeGO based mobiles but not Android platform
Somewhere in the race of making smartphones the mobile handset making leader Nokia has been left behind. The giants like Apple and Microsoft have taken the spot from the Nokia and are continuing to expand the base for their for smartphone sales. But now, Nokia is committed to get back the No.1 position in smartphones and plans to use no other software than Symbian and Linux MeeGo.
MeeGo is a new Linux-base embedded platform, which is combined with Moblin of Intel and Maemo of Nokia. Both of these two platforms are also base on the Linux. And the applications build on the Moblin or Maemo are compatible with the Meego. Meego is an open source Linux project which is managed by the Linux Foundation.Therefor, the mobile developers will benefit from Linux's free character greatly.
But the more important thing is the UI/appliction development environment of MeeGo is Qt,which will save time and energy of programmer. Code Once and target multi-platform is Qt's advantage and these platforms have a new member which is called Meego. And it will be used on much mobile information devices, which will give more chances to mobile application development.
It is notable that Nokia has come up with a powerful MeeGo device recently and is planning to give a tough competition to the market leaders like Samsung and LG. The Nokia N9 will be running the Meego platform and is already shaping out to be a device to look out for. The Nokia N0 would arrive on the market with a sliding QWERTY keypad, an 8 megapixel camera with dual-LED flash, a front-facing camera which also appears to have LED flash, support for UMTS/HSDPA (850/1900 MHz) bands, and a nHD display (640 x 360 pixel).
Nokia N9 is meant to mark an important step in Nokia's evolution as a handset manufacturer. As of now we can only pray for the world;s best mobile manufacturer to become world’s best smartphone manufacturer.
- Nokia to promote MeeGo OS at European conference
- Nokia to continue with the Symbian OS platform for the low-end smartphones
- Nokia to launch X3-02, C5-03 and C6-01 this quarter, confirmed via Twitter
- Nokia N8 with top class features: the smartphone under scanner
- Nokia N9 price in India, Nokia N9 price, Meego powered smartphone in India
- Nokia 105 Price in India
- Nokia 301 Price in India
- Nokia Lumia 505 Price in India
- Nokia 114 price in India
- Nokia 808 price in India, Nokia 808 Features light weight long battery life
- Nokia Lumia 610 Price in India, Nokia Lumia 610 Features 5MP camera
- Nokia Asha 303 Price in India and Features for games, entertainment
- Nokia Asha 302 Price in India and Features for entertainment
- Nokia C2-01 Price in India, Nokia C2-01 Features quad Band GSM
- Nokia C2-02 Price in India, Nokia C2-02 Touch and Type Price in India