Nokia supports OS of Sharp and Fujitsu Symbian running phones
Sharp and Fujitsu are introducing Symbian running smartphone while Nokia becomes the backbones of the foundation. Nokia re confirmed its support for Symbian operating system. Nokia took the opportunity to back Symbain just when Sharp and Fujitsu have introduced new variety of smartphones running the latest mobile market.
Symbian has been famous world wide even after it lost its support to Google’s Android OS. We have recently seen that Google’s Android Os has supported Samsung and Sony Ericsson. Nokia always has some unique plans for itself, no matter what it plans to continue investing even its resources are the developing Symbian.
Nokia said at a statement on the 8th of November which was made by the board of the Symbian foundation which said that Nokia plans make transition from its current operational activity and only will be acting as a licensing operation. Nokia had purchased Symbian in the year 2008 which allowed software companies to open source and establish the independent Symbian Foundation to develop handsets which were base don it OS.
Nokia recently launched the Symbian ^3 running N8 smartphone. It also has a flagship in devices like C7 and C6-01 smartphones. 26.5 million Units were shipped recently.
Nokia has faced a rise from the 16.4 million Units which was shipped during the earlier month in this year. Nokia is set to launch the E7 with Symbian OS next month. Nokia has managed to sell over 50 million devices which have Symbian as it operating system. Jo Harlow, senior vice president of smartphones at Nokia, said in the statement, "The future of Symbian as a platform does not depend on the existence of the foundation. The changes announced by the foundation have no impact on Nokia's Symbian device roadmaps or shipping commitments.”
Nokia's support to Symbian OS is the leading smartphone OS in 37 out of the 56 countries whereas in Japan, the OS ^3 is held up by Fujitsu and Sharp. Jo also mentioned that, “The platform powers hundreds of millions of smartphones—including our own—and we expect to deliver ongoing support and innovation benefiting the Symbian ecosystem in the future."
- Nokia to continue with the Symbian OS platform for the low-end smartphones
- Nokia C5 launched at affordable price, run on Symbian version OS
- Nokia N8 Review: forgive Symbian^3 glitch you will still love smartphone
- Nokia C6-01 available in affordable range with Symbian OS
- Nokia C7 with new Symbian ^3 OS and appealing features
- Nokia 105 Price in India
- Nokia 301 Price in India
- Nokia Lumia 505 Price in India
- Nokia 114 price in India
- Nokia 808 price in India, Nokia 808 Features light weight long battery life
- Nokia Lumia 610 Price in India, Nokia Lumia 610 Features 5MP camera
- Nokia Asha 303 Price in India and Features for games, entertainment
- Nokia Asha 302 Price in India and Features for entertainment
- Nokia C2-01 Price in India, Nokia C2-01 Features quad Band GSM
- Nokia C2-02 Price in India, Nokia C2-02 Touch and Type Price in India