Nokia Siemens Network wins LTE deal from Deutsche Telecom
Nokia Siemens has got a contract deal with LTE (Long Term Evolution) network equipment and services from Deutsche Telecom. The Nokia Siemens firm confirmed this news on Friday saying that they have won an order from LTE. The Nokia Company said that the contract’s major part is in Germany and is dedicated to only services.
The operator has selected Nokia Siemens networks as a future LTE supplier globally. Nokia Siemens Networks posted an operating loss of third quarter. The company is expecting a small profit which it was missing out during a small period of time.
Nokia Siemens Networks has a 50-50 venture of Nokia and Siemens. After the collaboration of these two companies they have struggled to get a profit since 2007 in between the operator spending a lot and extreme pricing from the rivals named Huawei and ZTE from Asia. LTE uses IP-base which is flat and the network infrastructure used if for fast data transmission. Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) guarantees a security and confidentiality of the transfer of customer data.
It also provides IP-security solutions and the certifications of the base stations. Deutsche Telekom selected Nokia Siemens Networks as its suppliers for hardware, software. They have also selected Nokia Siemens for services required to set up and provide maintenance to the LTE radio network throughout Germany.
Nokia is a Finnish multinational company which has it’s headquarter in Keilaniemi, Espoo, a city nearby Finland's capital Helsinki. Nokia has been engaged in the manufacturing of mobile devices. It has been converging Internet and communications industries with over 123,000 employees in 120 countries. It has recorded sales in more than 150 countries and has global annual revenue of EURO 41 billion.
It is the world's largest manufacturer of mobile telephones and has a market share of 30% in the third quarter 2010. Nokia manufactures mobile devices for every segment including GSM, CDMA. Nokia offers services linked with the internet such as applications, games, music, maps, media and messaging through its Ovi platform.
The Nokia Siemens contract with LTE will handle the planning, optimization of the LTE network. Single RAN solution with Self Organizing Network (SON) functionality will be supplied by the company.
- Nokia Siemens Networks expands work in Chennai, hiring 800 extra staff
- Nokia 5235 coming in 2010: Keys, Features, Network Connectivity Nokia 5235
- Nokia launched C3, C6 and E5 as most affordable social networking phones
- Nokia C3 mobile for messaging, social networking tools at affordable price
- Nokia C5 price in India, Nokia C5 price India: social networking features
- Nokia 105 Price in India
- Nokia 301 Price in India
- Nokia Lumia 505 Price in India
- Nokia 114 price in India
- Nokia 808 price in India, Nokia 808 Features light weight long battery life
- Nokia Lumia 610 Price in India, Nokia Lumia 610 Features 5MP camera
- Nokia Asha 303 Price in India and Features for games, entertainment
- Nokia Asha 302 Price in India and Features for entertainment
- Nokia C2-01 Price in India, Nokia C2-01 Features quad Band GSM
- Nokia C2-02 Price in India, Nokia C2-02 Touch and Type Price in India