Nokia N8 power problem genuine, admits Nokia, covered by warranty
Nokia N8, the highly anticipated smartphone by Nokia seem to have some genuine power problems. The Finnish handset maker admitted that some its smartphone units are not turning on after a full charge. According to an announcement made in the official Nokia blog, the handset maker admitted that there was a fault and said that the same will be fixed in line with Nokia warranty rules.
The negative feed back about power in Nokia N8 though is in small number but can work against the company’s reputation in the smartphone market given the fact that the approaching Q4 is considered as a hot shopping season for wireless devices.
Nokia spokesperson Eija-Riitta Huovinen said that the problem appeared on small number of handsets and still fall in Nokia warranty rules. She declined to comment anything regarding the number of handsets that were affected or whether the problem was regional.
Nokia N8 which is seen as iPhone killer was pitted against Apple’s iPhone, Google’s Android devices and RIM’s BlackBerry smartphones. Interestingly Nokia which is still the number one mobile maker in the world faces brutal competition from Android based devices and Apple’s iPhone.
Anticipations were high that Nokia N8 will bring back Nokia’s lost gleam in the smartphone industry. Though placed at number one position Nokia has been offered tough competition from Android smartphones that have increasingly become a favorite OS by top smartphone producers like HTC, Motorola, Samsung, LG and Sony.
iPhone which is Nokia’s closest rival is expected to face fierce competition from N8 ever since it started shipping in September. At roughly about half the price of iPhone, the N8 is seen as the best deal. The iPhone carries a price tag of $650 whereas Nokia N8 is priced at about $300 to $350.
Nokia N8 features some of the best in class specifications in the smartphone market. Its amazing 12 MP camera with autofocus, Xenon flash and Carl Zeiss lens is its biggest USP. The 3.5 inch AMOLED touch display, Symbian ^3 OS, 16GB memory hot swappable to up to 32GB, Bluetooth, USB and easy social networking integration are some of the best features of the device. The phone comes with HDMI connectivity, video calling facility, Flash Lite 4.0 and a strong battery together with an interactive UI.
Tags: Nokia N8, Nokia N8 power problem, Nokia N8 features, smartphone, Nokia N8 negative feedback, Nokia N8 review
- Nokia N8 smartphone at price Rs. 30,000 launched in India
- Nokia N8 priced at Rs 26, 295 with ARM11 processor and 3D graphics
- Nokia N8 price in India, Nokia N8 features: best Nokia phone till date
- Nokia N8 price in India Nokia N8 price India: features a solid 12 MP camera
- Nokia N8 Review: forgive Symbian^3 glitch you will still love smartphone
- Nokia 105 Price in India
- Nokia 301 Price in India
- Nokia Lumia 505 Price in India
- Nokia 114 price in India
- Nokia 808 price in India, Nokia 808 Features light weight long battery life
- Nokia Lumia 610 Price in India, Nokia Lumia 610 Features 5MP camera
- Nokia Asha 303 Price in India and Features for games, entertainment
- Nokia Asha 302 Price in India and Features for entertainment
- Nokia C2-01 Price in India, Nokia C2-01 Features quad Band GSM
- Nokia C2-02 Price in India, Nokia C2-02 Touch and Type Price in India