New Wagon R from Maruti Suzuki 2010: improved feature, specifications, look
Maruti Suzuki announced the launch of its new Maruti Wagon R 2010 which is revamped model of its Wagon R, the second largest selling car by Maruti Suzuki after Alto. The new Wagon R has more than just a face lift from its predecessors both in terms of exterior, interior and its heart.
Take a closer look at the improvements the company offers in the new Maruti Wagon R which is available in three variants; LX, LXi and VXi. The ‘Blue Eyed Boy’; the name given to new Maruti Wagon R sports a latest feature of an elegant blue eyed parking indicator in the headlamp cluster, hence got its name.
The new Maruti Wagon R is based on the same platform as its present Wagon R model but an array of much improved features makes it a new generation car. The heart of new Wagon by Maruti Suzuki has a Bharat Stage IV complaint KB series engine which is the same engine that powers the Maruti A- Star.
The old Wagon R is powered by 1061 cc engine capable of developing 64PS of maximum power and 84 Nm of max torque. Whereas the new Wagon R 2010 has an engine capable of developing 67 PS of max power at 6200 rpm and 90 Nm of max torque at 3500 rpm. A Smart Distributor Less Ignition feature and a high pressure semi-return fuel system are also featured in the new engine.
Now to talk about the exteriors of the new Maruti Wagon R. This new version gets a great styling with new headlamp that helps to shed the boxy look of its current Wagon R. The clear lens headlamp comes with more reflectors and sports silvery winkers against its current orange tone (except the LXi). It also sports a new tail lamp and a front fascia.
The front grille has done away with the horizontal lines in the current Wagon R to be replaced by a graphical mesh. The new version also adds new fenders for wheel defense and sturdy edges. The chassis looks tougher than the current Wagon R model and side profile boasts of a skin that starts from deriver’s door right till the rear.
The new Wagon R 2010 by Maruti Suzuki also comes with a totally redefined interior that includes a stylish central console, a Swift steering and the dashboard that now sports air vents which are boxy at the center. There are improved easy to use switches for the music system that now comes with an aux-in for iPod.
The dual color dashboard can be matched with a variety of color options offered by the company for its interiors. The interiors are more spacious with company rectifying the legroom restraint that exists in the current Wagon R. The boot space is enhanced and the top model (VXi) also comes with air bags and an optional antilock braking system.
The new Maruti Wagon R comes in 7 beautiful hues; Silky Silver, Baker’s Chocolate, Superior White, Midnight Black, Fire Back Red, Breeze Blue and Blistering Grey.
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison