New Suzuki Swift revealed: Better in performance, safety and interiors
The new Suzuki Swift which would debut in 2011 has finally been revealed. At a grand line off in Esztergom the stunning red color version of car was revealed to the eager audience. Suzuki Motor Corp Chairman and CEO Osamu Suzuki unveiled the third generation swift with Hungary's Prime Minister Viktor Orban as a co passenger. The model would hit the UK markets this fall followed by launches in other European countries.
The new Suzuki Swift sports a larger frame than its predecessors with its 12.6 feet X 5.5 feet X 5.0 feet dimensions. The new Swift is lengthier by 9 cm and looks more rounded. Its wheel base has been increased by 5 cms. Larger wheels and lower profile tyres have been imparted to provide a better performance and handling experience. Not only is the latest version larger but lighter and stiffer as well. The lighter weight body has been achieved by use of higher tensile strength steel. This in turn has contributed towards the impact safety.
The 2011 Suzuki Swift comes with a greater power packed in its 1.2 liter Dual VVT engine. It is capable of churning up 94 PS (69 kW) of power and 118 Nm of torque. 2011 would also witness the arrival of the Euro 5-compliant 1.3 liter diesel. Its CO2 emission would be 109 g/km as compared to 116 g/km in petrol engine. Fuel consumption in the diesel version is clocked at 4.2 liters/ 100 km as against 5 liters/100 km in the petrol variant.
Suzuki has worked on improving the interiors and exteriors as well in the 2011 Suzuki Swift. The model promises to offer more passenger space and comfort. The extended headlights, revamped taillights and alloy wheels are quite a beauty. The license plate position has also been uniquely set. Safety features in the form of leg-injury-mitigating brake and clutch pedals, energy absorbing trim and collapsible steering column have been incorporated in addition to front and curtain airbags. Its keyless start system has been designed to protect the vehicle against theft.
Earlier versions of Swift already had created an instant admiration wave amongst the customers. More positive responses are anticipated for the 2011 Suzuki swift. The US market which has seen a rising trend in small car segment is sure to welcome the 2011 Swift. How many of these features would be retained for the Indian version still remains to be seen.
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison