New Maruti Wagon R: price, competition, features and specifications
New Maruti Suzuki Wagon R was launched by India’s car giant, Maruti Suzuki as a new generation Wagon R. The new model of this Wagon R has many things to offer to its customers over and above the facelift. It boasts of a whole new look, completely revamped features and above all an engine which comes with Maruti A- Star version. Wagon R is currently India’s second largest selling compact car after Alto. But this new Wagon R 2010 is in to face a really tough competition in the compact car segment.
Priced between Rs. 3.28 lakh and Rs. 3.81 lakh, this new Wagon R from Maruti Suzuki will take on the likes of some of the recently launched cars in the same segment such as, Hyundai i10 which is priced between Rs. 3.47 lakh-Rs.3.83 lakh; Chevrolet Beat priced between Rs. 3.41 lakh-Rs.4.43 lakh and Ford Figo priced between Rs. 3.49 lakh –Rs. 3.99 lakh.
With the launch of this new Maruti Wagon R, the company is confident that it will be able to maintain the status of Wagon R being the second best selling model in the country. Maruti Suzuki will be able to successfully ward of this tight competition owing to the pricing, features and specification that the revamped Wagon R comes with.
Mayank Prateek, Marketing and Sales executive officer, Maruti Suzuki India said, “The new Wagon R, with its pricing and features, will be able to ward of competition in the compact car segment, where there are nearly 20 models in all.” It is interesting to note that the average sales volume of the present Wagon R is about 10,000 to 12,000 units a month.
The new Wagon form Maruti Suzuki is developed from the latest platform of the vehicle from Japan and the total model change required the company to invest a whooping Rs.290 crores of investment. The new Wagon R comes with BS IV complaint 998 cc K series engine capable of developing 67PS of maximum power at 620rpm and 90 Nm of maximum torque at 3500 rpm and a beautiful exterior.
The new Wagon R has shed the boxy look to be replaced by much rounded looks. The all new headlamps, a Blue Eyed parking indicator, revamped front bumpers, new tail lamp and much spacious interior with better boot space are some of the latest additions in the Wagon R 2010.
The new Wagon R is taller, wider and spacious with the latest front and rear suspension. It also boasts of some of the best safety and comfort specifications and is expected to deliver a fuel efficiency of 18.9km/l as per ARAI. Maruti Suzuki launched the new Wagon R in LX, LXi and VXi version. The car will be available in 7 beautiful colors: Midnight Black, Blistering Grey, Fire Black Red, Breeze Blue, Baker’s Chocolate, Superior White and Silky Sliver.
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison
- Maruti Swift 2011 Review for upgraded Features, 2011 Maruti Swift Price