Motorola plans to sell 7, 00,000 to 1 mn Droid Xoom tablets in Q1, 2011
Motorola Mobility Inc. seems to be on some sort of rampage. The Droid Xoom tablet manufacturer Motorola has gigantic plans for sales of its popular Droid Xoom tablet that got a gigantic response in recently wrapped CES 2011 in Las Vegas.
Though nothing officially has been announced by Motorola regarding its great plans for the tablet sales in the first quarter of 2011 but component makers that supply parts for Droid Xoom tablets have revealed that Motorola has placed orders which signifies that it will produce 7,00,000 to 1 million Xoom tablet in Q1 of 2011.
Motorola will sell Xoom Droid from Verixon Wireless but neither of the two has declared any plans for the sales target of the gadget for this quarter. The popular tablet is powered by Google’s latest Android iteration, the Honeycomb version 3.0 designed especially by it to power tablets. Analysts feel that Motorola Droid Xoom is the most possible and the closest iPad killer. It is interesting to note that the tablet even won the best gadget award at the CES 2011 where it made its debut.
The features that make the Motorola tablet a perfect iPad rival is its 10.1-inch display screen with 1280 x 800 pixels. The device is powered by dual core 1 GHz processor and will ship with a 3G radio for wireless broadband. The device can be upgraded to 4G Long Term Evolution by way of a hardware modem. It has a 5MP camera at rear that can capture stills and 720p HD video and a front-facing 2 MP camera for video calls. The tablet comes with Adobe Flash Player, barometer, gyroscope, accelerometer, HDMI out and e-compass.
With all those big things that Motorola has up its sleeves the tablet is surely going to make a big dent in the iPad market. After all with a sales target of around 1 million units, anything tiny is unimaginable.
- Motorola Atrix 2 price in India, Motorola Atrix 2 Features 4.3 inch screen
- Motorola MOTOLUXE Price in India, Motorola MOTOLUXE Features 4 inch screen
- Motorola Xoom price in India, Motorola Xoom price and Features Wi-Fi only
- Motorola MOTORAZR2 V9 price
- Motorola 3G Mobile in India: Motorola Backflip features and specifications
- Motorola Milestone XT800 price India Motorola Milestone features 5MP camera
- Motorola Glam price in India, Motorola Glam price and features Dual SIM
- Android phone without touch screen to be launched by Motorola
- Can Motorola Droid Xoom tablet give Apple iPad a run for its money
- Motorola ATRIX 4G with dual core, twice faster than other smartphones