Motorola blames Microsoft for six patents vilations including Bing, WP 7
Motorola got furious and sued the leading software company Microsoft for infringement of patents. The suit claims that there is an involvement of various software important Microsoft products. Motorola is said to have filed separate suits for each of the infringed products. The districts in which they have filed the case are Southern District of Florida and the Western District of Wisconsin.
It is said that Microsoft infringed six patents of Motorola. The hard copies of the Wisconsin suit were not available immediately as the courts website was under maintenance. Microsoft when asked about this matter said that there are looking into the matter.
The Florida suit by which Motorola claims to Microsoft mentions about the patents products which violate the claims are mainly Microsoft's Windows operating systems, including Windows 7 and Windows Phone 7, plus Microsoft's Bing, Windows Live Messaging, and even the Xbox game console.
Motorola challenged Microsoft's Wi-Fi and digital video use and the encoding patents. Amazing scenario is this that these are the two topics that are at issue in which there is Microsoft's own suit against Motorola. The suite which is given by Microsoft argues that Motorola was obligated to provide Reasonable and Non-Discriminatory licensing terms to Microsoft which is a trade industry law by group's bylaws.
Microsoft clearly said that it was reviewing the suit. Horacio Gutierrez, corporate vice president and deputy general counsel of Intellectual Property and Licensing at Microsoft said in a statement that, “We are still reviewing Motorola's filing, which we just received. This move is typical of the litigation process and we are not surprised.
We remain confident in our position and will continue to move forward with the complaints we initiated against Motorola in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington and with the International Trade Commission (ITC)."
Earlier in October, Microsoft also sued Motorola, claiming that Motorola's Android phones violated certain Microsoft patents. Well each of the companies keep on blaming violation of patents on each other but the consumer forum remains untouched. There is no difference to the users market of any of the products produced by these two brands.
- Motorola Starts Lawsuit against Microsoft Again
- Motorola Droid 4 Price in India, Motorola Droid 4 Features 8MP camera, Spec
- Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Price in India, Features 8MP camera, Specs
- Motorola MOTOLUXE Price in India, Motorola MOTOLUXE Features 4 inch screen
- Motorola XT615 Price in India, Motorola XT615 Price and Features Android OS
- Motorola Atrix 2 price in India, Motorola Atrix 2 Features 4.3 inch screen
- Motorola Xoom price in India, Motorola Xoom price and Features Wi-Fi only
- Motorola MOTORAZR2 V9 price
- Motorola 3G Mobile in India: Motorola Backflip features and specifications
- Motorola Milestone XT800 price India Motorola Milestone features 5MP camera
- Motorola Glam price in India, Motorola Glam price and features Dual SIM
- Android phone without touch screen to be launched by Motorola
- Can Motorola Droid Xoom tablet give Apple iPad a run for its money
- Motorola plans to sell 7, 00,000 to 1 mn Droid Xoom tablets in Q1, 2011
- Motorola ATRIX 4G with dual core, twice faster than other smartphones