Motorola Droid with Android 2.2 Froyo update now, (unofficial)
For all Froyo lovers owning a Motorola Droid, there is good news! The site mydroidworld.com has come up with a way by which the user can gain root privileges, and install the unofficial Froyo update on their Motorola Droid. This clearly shows that it does not take much time for the hackers to find out the way to fit unofficial updates on their Android devices.
Though Motorola has planned to officially release the Froyo update for the Motorola Droid soon (“few weeks”), for the users who cannot wait till then, the site mydroidworld.com has unofficially released the update. This Android 2.2 Froyo update for the Droid has not been provided by Google or Motorola, so it is advisable to try out the update at your own risk. One must know what they shall do and its side-effects, before they do it.
The update, when it was initially released by these mydroidworld.com guys, was not accompanied by the support for Wi-Fi. The page instructs all the users to perform backups before performing this update and this reads as below: “Disclaimer: At this time the kernel has been changed to protect the original source, (you loose wifi). The original file has everything working at this point in time.
ownloads:These files are nandroid backups. You must download them, extract them, and then place in the appropriate folder.”
But now, after some time of hard work by them, they have come up with a fix to the problem. Now the update does support Wi-Fi capabilities and overclocking. The CPU speed has been hard-coded into the kernel, thus different update files are available for different versions based on the clock speed, varying from 800 MHz to 1250 MHz. You need to select the one which seems stable enough.
- Motorola Droid price
- Motorola Droid 4 Price in India, Motorola Droid 4 Features 8MP camera, Spec
- Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX Price in India, Features 8MP camera, Specs
- Motorola Droid X with feature for better connectivity, browsing, HD Video
- Motorola Droid X price in India, Motorola Droid X with enterprise features
- Motorola Atrix 2 price in India, Motorola Atrix 2 Features 4.3 inch screen
- Motorola MOTOLUXE Price in India, Motorola MOTOLUXE Features 4 inch screen
- Motorola XT615 Price in India, Motorola XT615 Price and Features Android OS
- Motorola Xoom price in India, Motorola Xoom price and Features Wi-Fi only
- Motorola MOTORAZR2 V9 price
- Motorola 3G Mobile in India: Motorola Backflip features and specifications
- Motorola Milestone XT800 price India Motorola Milestone features 5MP camera
- Motorola Glam price in India, Motorola Glam price and features Dual SIM
- Android phone without touch screen to be launched by Motorola
- Can Motorola Droid Xoom tablet give Apple iPad a run for its money