Mobile number portability from 1st week of May in Chennai and Bangalore
Mobile number portability (MNP) will be started from 1st week of May, 2010 in Chennai and Bangalore cities. mobile number portability allows mobile users to start using services of other operators with out need of changing mobile no. With this MNP, customers will be able to take benefit of competitive services of different mobile operators by using the same mobile no.
Announcing the mobile number portability launch, “While number portability was proposed to be achieved by March, there are certain issues relating to getting security clearances, which will be sorted out soon, and we will introduce portability by May first week,” said Mr Raja, IT Minister.
Mobile number portability will further decrease the mobile charges customers pay per month. Mobile operators which have tricky schemes where they offer one service at discount and charge heavily for other services will loose heavily in Mobile number portability since customer can easily shift to other operators. Mobile number portability essentially minimizes barriers to shift from one operator to another.
Mobile number portability has been delayed several times in India. Mobile operators are also need to prepare their infra structure to provide Mobile number portability services to their customers. Under MNP, customers will have to pay one time subscription charge for new operator. Also if users are not satisfied, they can shift back to previous mobile operator.
- Obi Alligator S454 price in India
- Xolo Q1100 Price in India
- XOLO Q800 X-Edition Price in India
- Gionee GPAD G2 price in India
- Salora FonTab price in India
- Nikon D7100 DSLR Price in India
- Intel XOLO X500 Price in India
- Idea Ivory Price in India
- Doro PhoneEasy 740 Price in India, Doro PhoneEasy 740 Features 5MP Camera
- Beetel GD777 Price in India, Beetel GD777 Features FM Radio, Music player