Mobile Number Portability starts on Dec 31, MNP charges MNP benefit, option
Mobile Number Portability for mobile customers will be start from Dec 31, 2009 in all metro cities of India. Mobile Number Portability wil first implemented in metro cities first and than in second phase, Mobile Number Portability will be launched in other circles.
In Mobile Number Portability (MNP), customers can retain the same no. of existing operator but can operate on another mobile operator network. The main benefit to customer from Mobile Number Portability is that can customer can shift t best and cheapest mobile schemes without changing mobile no. at a low cost of Rs. 38 in total (charges in Mobile Number Portability is Rs. 19 to existing operator and Rs 19 to next mobile operator).
Under Mobile Number Portability (MNP), a mobile customer can shift from one mobile operator to another mobile operator. The charges in Mobile Number Portability for shifting from existing mobile operator to another operator is Rs. 19. Cell phone customer has to be pay Rs 19 to existing mobile operator and Rs 19 to next mobile operator to whose cellular network the customer is shifting.
After shifting under Mobile Number Portability (MNP), if the customer is not satisfied with new mobile operator services, he will have option to shift back to previous cellular operator but with in 24 hours.
Only mobile customers having 90 days old duration can shift under Mobile Number Portability. Also once a cell phone customer shifts to new mobile operator, he will have to continue with new operator for atleast 90 days before next shift under Mobile Number Portability.
Under Mobile Number Portability, mobile customer can also shift from CDMA technology operator to GSM technology operator and from GSM to CDMA.
Mobile Number Portability will add to good customer churn outs especially during the launch of new mobile schemes and also launch of new mobile services or mobile operators.
Mobile Number Portability will further intensify the already intense competitions among mobile phone operators. Mobile Number Portability will also be good for new mobile companies as it will be easy to shift the existing mobile customer of other operators with lucrative offers.
TRAI has already issued guidelines for Mobile Number Portability (MNP) in August last year.
FAQ's on Mobile Number Portability
- When will the Mobile Number Portability will start or what is launch date of Mobile Number Portability
- Mobile Number Portability will start from Deember 31, 2009
- What will be cost of shifting mobile operator in Mobile Number Portability
- Mobile Number Portability will cost s. 38 in total (charges in Mobile Number Portability is Rs. 19 to existing operator and Rs 19 to next mobile operator).
- Can customer shift from CDMA to GSM OR GSM to CDMA operators
- Yes, in Mobile Number Portability customer shift from CDMA to GSM OR GSM to CDMA operators
- Who can shift operators under Mobile Number Portability
- Any mobile customers having 90 days old connection can shift under Mobile Number Portability
- Can customer shift back in Mobile Number Portability if not satisfied from next mobile operator
- If the customer is not satisfied, they can return back to previous operator in network but with in 24 hours.
- Mobile number portability from 1st week of May in Chennai and Bangalore
- Mobile number portability or MNP in India, Latest news, update on MNP India
- Mobile Number Portability to be operational from Jan 20, 2011
- Mobile phone Plane Finder AR application by Pinkfroot might help terrorists
- Virgin Mobile Hi Speed Internet charges, Virgin Mobile vFlash internet rate
- Obi Alligator S454 price in India
- Xolo Q1100 Price in India
- XOLO Q800 X-Edition Price in India
- Gionee GPAD G2 price in India
- Salora FonTab price in India
- Nikon D7100 DSLR Price in India
- Intel XOLO X500 Price in India
- Idea Ivory Price in India
- Doro PhoneEasy 740 Price in India, Doro PhoneEasy 740 Features 5MP Camera
- Beetel GD777 Price in India, Beetel GD777 Features FM Radio, Music player