Mercedes Benz R Class 2011 car with renewed features and specifications
Some details of the new face lifted Mercedes-R-Class-2011 are finally out in the open. The vehicle was to be shown in the New York motor show. It is also expected to debut in debut at the Detroit auto show in January. This is the second time that the model is being given a face change in order to improve the dismal sales figures. The R class model is expected to roll out from Mercedes-Benz's assembly line in Tuscaloosa, Alabama later this year.
Mercedes-R-Class-2011 is back with a lot more visual changes. From what has been revealed in the photographs it appears that the car has a larger front grill and a greater angular front end. The oval headlights have been replaced with rectangular shaped ones to make the vehicle look more appealing.
The hood (now less angular), side mirrors and front bumper have also been given a new look. The vehicle bears 17-inch, five-spoke aluminum wheels. Under the sports appearance package, the car boasts of AMG-designed 19-inch rims, along with smoked tail light lenses. On the rear end, the bumper has been given a new look.
Coming to the technical specifications of Mercedes-R-Class-2011, the model would be available in two engine choices. These are 268-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 (2011 R350) or the 210-hp 3.0-liter V6 turbo diesel (R350 Bluetec).While the 3.5 liter engine churns up 258 lb-ft of torque, the 3.0 liter Turbo diesel engine would yield a maximum torque of 398 lb-ft. The Mercedes' 4MATIC all-wheel-drive system is prevalent in both gasoline and diesel versions and are connected to the seven-speed automatic transmission for its all wheel drive.
Mercedes-R-Class-2011 hasn’t undergone man y changes when it comes to the interiors. The model is still a 6-7 seater.The second row now has a split seating arrangement making space for 7 , however this is optional. Two tones of interiors either beige-on-brown or gray-on-black are now available. As a part of AMG sports interior Nappa leather, sports steering wheel with shift paddles, stainless steel pedals and ambient lighting have been provided.
Mercedes-R-Class-2011 is an effort by Mercedes Benz to regain lost ground. The car maker has come up a long way from the minor makeovers of R Class back in 2007. More details of the model are expected to be out after the New York show.
- Mercedes Benz to bring A Class Premium Compact Car in India
- Mercedes Benz A Class- the small car for India soon
- Mercedes Benz A class car for entry level customers in India
- Mercedes Benz AMG Desert Gold Car Review, New Car price at Rs 2 Crore
- Mercedes Benz SLS AMG luxury sports car in India soon at price Rs. 5-6 Cr
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011