Mercedes Benz R-Class launched in India at price of Rs. 58 lac
Mercedes Benz launched its seven seat R-Class crossover in India. The German auto maker gives the country the first of its kind luxury crossover, the R-Class at a price of Rs. 58.79 lac (ex-showroom price in India). The MUV by Merc is a popular vehicle in the European and the US market and now when the makers have introduced it in India, it seems that the Indian Mercedes fans get one more reason to smile. The car oozes style and luxury at its superlative, what a way to make Diwali even more sparkling by Mercedes Benz!
Needless to say, the R-Class Mercedes Benz is a powerhouse of performance and a beauty to possess. Under its hood the vehicle sports a 3.5 L, DOHC 24 valve V6 engine that generates 272 bhp at 6,000 rpm and peak torque that reaches the maximum 350 Nm at 2400 rpm. The vehicle accelerates from 0-100 kph in just 8.4 seconds. The top speed of the MUV is 230kph.
The new R-Class comes with Mercedes’ last generation 7G-Tronic automatic transmission. Those were the power figures, now coming to the looks of the car; the R-Class is a looker on the road. The car is a visual delight with its design and great finish. This head turner boasts of an aggressive front grille, fog lamps, sporty honeycomb design, twin sleek rectangular stop brake lights, programmable day time running lamps, body colored door handles and LED tail light cluster.
The R-Class by Mercedes Benz features stylish and elegant interior as well. The plush cabin is enhanced with Bluetooth interface, dual zone climate control, digital display of odometer and mode selection and electronic analog speedometer. Electronic cruise control, tachometer, fuel gauge, multifunctional display in instrument panel and tire pressure monitoring system further enhance the interiors of the MUV by Merc.
The other notable specifications of Mercedes Benz R-Class include shift paddles placed on the steering wheel, Direct Select lever on the steering column and steel spring suspension in front and Adaptive Intelligent Ride control system in the rear for greater comfort and improved dynamics.
The safety features of Mercedes R-Class include disc brakes for all wheels with ABS and BAS. The vehicle sports an advanced suspension system with power adjustable steering wheel and comes with 19 inch standard wheel and solid tyres. Mercedes Benz is always careful about providing the maximum safety features in its vehicles and R-Class is no exception. The vehicle also has an active front head restraint, Occupant Classification system, anti-theft alarm, smart keys and all side airbags.
- Mercedes Benz SLS AMG luxury sports car in India soon at price Rs. 5-6 Cr
- Mercedes Benz SLS AMG sports car at price Rs. 5-6 Cr in India soon
- Mercedes Benz SLS AMG luxury grand tourer in India soon at price Rs. 5-6 Cr
- Mercedes Benz A Class- the small car for India soon
- Mercedes Benz AMG Desert Gold Car Review, New Car price at Rs 2 Crore
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011