Maruti Suzuki new Alto launch soon with 1000cc K Series engine
India’s largest selling small car Maruti Alto is getting ready for a face lift and this time it will be its engine. The company is planning to give a whole new 1000cc engine from K-Series to its favorite and hottest selling car, the Alto.
In its quest to be in tune with the latest technology for its hot models Maruti has planned to launch a refined version of the Alto by giving it 1 litre petrol engine derived from K Series. Very recently Maruti Suzuki India had launched its Alto with BS IV complaint 800cc F series engine and now the company wants to give the Alto the latest K series engine.
Maruti is yet to reveal anything about the time period when the company plans to launch this whole new Alto with 1000cc K series engine but has clearly indicated that with the bigger engine the new Alto will definitely be costlier. The existing Alto costs Rs. 2.29 lac to Rs. 2.8 lac. Maruti 800 turned Alto has done an incredible job in introducing the car in the small segment car market and making it the most saleable car in the country.
K series engine has been earlier introduced by Maruti Suzuki in two variants. The 998cc 3 cylinder K 10B is found in Estillo, A-Star and the new WagonR and a 1.2 L 4 cylinder K12M can be seen in Swift Dzire, Ritz and Swift.
Alto being the best-selling car in Maruti Suzuki portfolio and happens to be the cheapest too. And with the introduction of 1000cc K series engine Maruti aims to rule the small car market with its price supremacy and state of the art technology. Alto has the best sales average of about 20,000 units per month and Maruti has sold about 13.5 lac units of Alto since its launch in September 2000.
- Maruti Suzuki Eeco Review, Maruti Eeco price Rs 2.95 lac, launch in April
- Maruti Suzuki Kizashi New SUV Luxury Car ready for launch in India
- Maruti Suzuki Kizashi launch in Nov. at price Rs.18 lac (appr.)
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Suzuki SX4 diesel launch in 2011, approx. price and features
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison
- Maruti Swift 2011 Review for upgraded Features, 2011 Maruti Swift Price