Maruti Suzuki Kizashi launch in Nov. at price Rs.18 lac (appr.)
Maruti Suzuki is gearing to launch its latest sedan in the Indian automobile market. Come November and the new Kizashi will be seen taking the Indian sedan segment by storm. Kizashi managed to attract many eye balls when it was launched as a cheaper alternative to Audi 4. The sedan definitely resembles an Audi 4 and on first look any one can take it for an Audi model until on a closer look the Suzuki logo becomes visible.
Though we still have to hear an official word coming from India’s top automobile player regarding the price structure of the sedan but anticipations are high that the vehicle will bear a price of tag of around Rs. 18 lac.
MSIL is rumored to import Kizashi as a CBU (complete build unit) to India. Maruti sees Honda Civic and Accord as the closest rivals of Kizashi and plans to find a niche in the Indian mid-sized segment which is already crowded by top players like Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Hyundai Sonata, Skoda Octavia and Volkswagen Jetta. Maruti Suzuki unveiled Kizashi at the 2010 Delhi Auto Expo and cleared its intentions to launch the sedan in India after its successful launch first in Japan and then in the US and Australia.
According to the Auto Expo the engine features of Maruti Suzuki Kizashi are; a 2400cc engine with a peak power of 131KW @6500 rpm and maximum torque of 230@4000 rpm. It is yet not clear whether the sedan will come with 4wheel drive or a 2 wheel drive system but definitely has 6-speed manual transmission.
The Kizashi sports SLS accelerates from 0-60 mph in 8.0 seconds and has a fuel economy of 20 mpg in city roads and 29 mpg on highway. The sedan boasts of its well sculpted body which is a perfect marriage of Japanese craftsmanship and European looks. The vehicle has a lavish bonnet that communicates style and robustness of the vehicle.
Maruti gave the best in-class interior features to the Kizashi sedan that includes a spacious cabin with ample leg room and sporty seats with hard cover rear and leather seat covers. The instrument panel is simply laid and is equipped with Bluetooth, iPod connect and a keyless push start.
The door has four cup holders with additional two cup holders in the centre. The car also scores very high on safety features which include 8 airbags, four wheel disc brakes and an exceptional rigid unibody with multi link rear and reinforced front suspension.
- Maruti Suzuki Kizashi New SUV Luxury Car ready for launch in India
- Maruti Suzuki Eeco Review, Maruti Eeco price Rs 2.95 lac, launch in April
- Maruti Suzuki new Alto launch soon with 1000cc K Series engine
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Suzuki SX4 diesel launch in 2011, approx. price and features
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison
- Maruti Swift 2011 Review for upgraded Features, 2011 Maruti Swift Price