Maruti Ritz crosses 100,000 sales unit mark within 17 months
Maruti Suzuki, the largest automobile maker of India celebrates the sale of its 100,000 units of compact car, Maruti Ritz. On Tuesday Ritz, which is pitted as the premium compact car by the auto maker crossed its sales mark of 100,000 units in just 17 months of its launch and this makes it the fastest to cross the mark in the premium compact car segment.
Maruti which enjoys great customer support for its compact cars in the country is overwhelmed by the response the car got from the people. Ritz is the embodiment of traditional attributes of Maruti including fuel efficiency, reliability and performance with the contemporary design and attitude, says Maruti spokesperson.
Maruti also informed that Ritz crossed its sales mark of 50,000 units in record time as well which is a proof of great customers’ endorsement in favour of the car. The car is pitted against the other premium models in the compact range including VW Polo, Nissan Micra, Skoda Fabia, GM UVA, Hyundai i20 and Maruti’s own Swift.
The price of Maruti Suzuki Ritz currently is Rs. 4.05 lac to Rs. 4.96 lac for the petrol version and Rs. 4.79 lac to Rs. 5.14 lac in the diesel version.
Maruti Ritz was launched in May 2009 and was specifically designed for the Indian customers and conditions by engineers at Maruti’s design team in Japan. The engineers incorporated Indian specific changes to the car which was developed using the already successful Swift platform.
Ritz’s feature list and attractive pricing were the reasons for its roaring success in the country. The car has a practical body and people find it fun to ride the car which is positioned by Maruti at the premium compact car segment.
Ritz has continued to attract Indian auto lovers with its choice of engines; 1.2 L engine with 85 bhp and the 1.3 L DDiS that puts Ritz ahead of its rivals especially the i20.
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- Maruti ECCO Price
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison
- Maruti Swift 2011 Review for upgraded Features, 2011 Maruti Swift Price
- Maruti Eeco Review, 2011 Maruti Suzuki Eeco Price, Features, Specifications
- Maruti SX4 diesel Price in India, Maruti Suzuki SX4 Features, Specification
- Maruti Alto K10 Review, New Maruti Alto K10 Feature, Specifications, Price