Maruti Kizashi to debut in D segment in Dec. in India against Toyota, Honda
Maruti Suzuki will be making its debut in the country’s D segment of automobile market with the launch of Maruti Suzuki Kizashi this December in India. Kizashi which means ‘great things coming’ is automaker’s first attempt to make it big at the luxury sedan segment and we can just say that the step is definitely a bold one.
Country’s D segment is already crowded with some of the top players including Toyota, VW, Honda and more and to launch a car amidst these giants definitely need some guts. But with Maruti it seems that everything is possible.
Maruti Kizashi sees its biggest competitor in Honda Civic, the much popular luxury sedan and to successful place its car against Civic, Maruti needs to do some aggressive pricing for the car. Kizashi price tag of Rs. 18 lac in the country is expected by analysts. Nevertheless the features and performance also matter a lot.
But with a strong experience of handling the Indian audience the same would not be a difficult job for Maruti. Kizashi was earlier showcased at the 2010 Auto Expo in Delhi though the company launched it in 2009 in Japan and the USA.
The features that are going to make Maruti Kizashi everyone’s darling sedan with such a price tag will be its 2400cc engine with a peak power of 131 kw @6500 rpm. The vehicle offers maximum torque of 230 Nm at 4000 rpm and accelerates from 0-60 mph in 8 seconds. The car has 6-speed manual transmission and is a perfect blend of Japanese automobile craftsmanship and European styling and looks.
For the first time Maruti Suzuki launches a car in the price bracket of Rs. 15-18 lac and to justify the price company offers not only great looks but a stylish interior as well. Kizashi features a spacious cabin with leather seats, instrument panel with Bluetooth and iPod connectivity and 6 airbags and 4 wheel disc brakes as its safety features.
The vehicle boasts of its muscular built and exceptional unibody that oozes power. With the launch of Kizashi we wait to see whether Maruti makes it big for its D segment the way it did for its compacts and hatchbacks in the country.
- Maruti Kizashi review, Priced below Rs 12 Lac, Maruti Kizashi at Auto Expo
- Maruti Kizashi sports car set for launch in India in 2010
- Maruti Kizashi New Luxury Car is all set to hit Indian roads
- Maruti Kizashi launch in Nov., Maruti Kizashi launch in India and price
- Maruti Kizashi launch 2011, 2011 Maruti Kizashi launch and price in India
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison