Maruti Kizashi launch in Nov., Maruti Kizashi launch in India and price
Come November and Maruti will be seen launching Kizashi, Maruti’s latest and first entrant to country’s D segment automobile market. Maruti Suzuki Kizashi will be auto maker’s first and probably the most courageous attempt to debut into the country’s mid sized sedan market which is already ruled by some of the big and most experienced players in the segment including Toyota, Volkswagen, Honda and more.
Maruti which has remained the uncrowned king of the small and compact segment cars has poor understanding of the D segment and definitely lacks much of experience in handling the premium customers. The same is proved by company’s poor performance with Baleno, Grand Vitara and SX4.
The new car Maruti Kizashi will come with an approximate price tag of Rs. 18 lac and is pitted against Honda Civic, the much popular and successful mid sized sedan in the country. Kizashi which was launched in the US and Japan in 2009 was displayed at the Auto Expo in Delhi in 2010 where company announced its plans to launch it in India.
The sedan is expected to create a niche for itself among the big players and looks, price and performance will decide that for it. Today customers have a wide choice in the C/D segment and to make them shift towards Maruti will be a gigantic task for the automaker.
Kizashi is the first car by Maruti Suzuki that comes in a price bracket of Rs. 15-18 lac and to justify the expensive price tag Maruti needs to show a lot of creativity with the car in terms of muscle, style and looks to be able to hit the right cord with the Indian luxury car customers. Kizashi features a 2400cc engine with a peak power of 131 KW @6500 rpm and maximum torque of 230@ 4000 rpm.
The vehicle has 6-speed manual transmission and accelerates from 0-60 mph in 8.0 seconds. The sedan boasts of a well sculpted body that oozes muscularity. It is the perfect combination of Japanese craftsmanship and European looks.
The interior of Kizashi are equally stylish and feature rich. It has a spacious cabin and comes with leather seats. The instrument panel is equipped with Bluetooth and iPod connect. The safety features include an exceptionally rigid unibody, 6 airbags and four wheel disc brakes.
It remains to be seen that whether Kizashi makes it big at the D segment as it did for the hatchbacks and compact cars in India or slips into the segment of low cost bigger sedan. Kizashi is definitely a make or break situation for Maruti in the mid size sedan segment.
- Maruti Kizashi launch 2011, 2011 Maruti Kizashi launch and price in India
- Maruti Kizashi sports car set for launch in India in 2010
- Maruti Kizashi for launch India in Feb 2011, Maruti enters in premium cars
- Maruti Kizashi review, Priced below Rs 12 Lac, Maruti Kizashi at Auto Expo
- Maruti Kizashi New Luxury Car is all set to hit Indian roads
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison