Maruti Cervo set for launch in small car segment, should Tata Nano worry
Maruti Suzuki, the makers of India’s beloved small car, the Maruti 800 that created history in the Indian automobile market is gearing to tap the entry level segment one more time. The company will launch its latest small car, the Maruti Cervo in India this December and is optimistic to make it big one more time at the entry level segment giving tough competition to Tata’s small car, the Nano.
The pricing of new car is set to give tough to small cars in the Indian market. Maruti Cervo is expected to be set at price of Rs. 1.50 lac to Rs. 2.00 lac which is still more than Nano’s one lac Rupee car slogan but still it is one of the strong contenders in the segment.
Maruti which has a huge experience of dealing in small cars in the country definitely understands the pulse of the Indian small car segment as it has ruled the same for decades. Based on this knowledge Maruti Cervo, is expected to do well in India. Fuel efficiency is one factor that drives country’s small car segment and Cervo seem to be fulfilling just that. The vehicle is powered by 0.7 L, 660cc petrol engine that generates 60 bhp and top torque of 64 Nm.
Maruti Cervo features a 4-speed automatic transmission and an advanced variable valve timing technology for the overall engine efficiency. With a top speed of 115km/h, this small wonder might just make it big among its rivals.
Maruti Cervo hatchback features a spacious cabin with a good luggage space. The 5-door vehicle looks good with its smiling grille with a chrome finished strip. The other body enhancing features include eye-shaped headlight cluster, honeycomb radiator grille, handle and bar with body colored front and rear bumper and arching roofline.
The interior of the hatchback boasts of a comfortable cabin with spacious leg room. The car has three-spooked power steering wheel and a dashboard with AC vents from both the sides. The safety features include child lock, front disc brakes and rear drum brakes..
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Swift 2011 Review for upgraded Features, 2011 Maruti Swift Price
- Maruti Eeco Review, 2011 Maruti Suzuki Eeco Price, Features, Specifications