Maruti Alto K10: launch, price features, specifications, Alto K10 review
Maruti Suzuki Alto, the largest selling small car in India had launched the new avatar of the popular car that already has a sales graph of almost 20,000 units per month. The new Alto K10 which was launched in August this year co-exists with the current 800cc Alto and offers a better fuel efficiency and more punch.
Alto K10 was Maruti’s effort to wipe out competition at the entry level segment from Hyundai Santro, Chevrolet Spark and of course Tata Nano. This has happened for the first time that Maruti sees a competitor in its traditionally dominant segment and probably this is the reasons why a K10 Alto was ever introduced.
The already best seller Maruti Alto now gets a more powerful 1.0 L K10 engine that was previously seen on Maruti Suzuki A-Star, Estillo and new Wagon R. The engine makes the car more powerful not no forget better fuel efficiency as claimed by company, an ARAI approved figure of 20.2 kmpl. The new Alto K 10 can put most A2 segment and many B2 segment cars to shame with its 67 BHP power and 760 kg kerb weight. The car delivers surprisingly low levels of NVH.
Maruti Alto K 10 price bridges the gap between the entry level A2 segment car at Rs. 3.3 lac and top 800cc car at Rs. 2.8 lac. The ex- showroom Delhi price of Alto K10 for the Lxi model is Rs. 3.03 lac and for the Vxi model is Rs. 3.16 lac.
The new Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 features include a completely redesigned rear and new look tail lights and tailgate. The number plate has now been moved up onto the tailgate similar to Zen and the car now has full wheel covers.
The car now gets a refreshed look with its new radiator grille and revised interiors that include a chunky steering wheel, blue color fabric seats and door inserts, an integrated headrest with the seat and power windows at the front. The other Alto K10 specifications include an internally adjustable ORVM and improved instrument cluster.
Overall Maruti Alto K10 review is positive. The car is liked for its higher power, greater acceleration and its ability to cruise at very high speeds. To wind up, Maruti managed to improve the best and able to get its hands on a car that delivers most economical performance in the currently available hatchbacks.
- Maruti Alto to get 1.0 L engine upgrade, likely to come at Price Rs. 3 lac
- Maruti Alto Price, Review, New Maruti Alto Features and Specifications
- Maruti Alto K10 Review, New Maruti Alto K10 Feature, Specifications, Price
- Maruti Suzuki new Alto launch soon with 1000cc K Series engine
- Maruti Suzuki Alto low cost K10 review, Feature, Maruti Alto K10 Price
- Maruti A-STAR 2012 Price in India, New Maruti A-STAR 2012 Features, Specs
- Maruti Ertiga Price in India, Maruti Ertiga Launch, Ertiga Mileage, Booking
- Maruti Swift 2011 booking started officially at Maruti Swift India web site
- New Maruti Dzire 2011 price lower than Dzire 2010, New Dzire 2011 price
- New Swift Dzire 2011 price to be reduced, New Swift Dzire 2011 price range
- Maruti Suzuki MPV RIII launch Marui Suzuki MPV RIII price and Features
- Maruti Swift 2011 launch in Aug, Maruti Swift 2011 launch date in India
- Maruti Cervo 2011 price Maruti Cervo 2011 price range for different models
- Maruti Swift 2011 mileage, Maruti Ritz mileage, Maruti Dzire diesel mileage
- Maruti Cervo 2011, New Maruti Swift 2011, Maruti Dzire 2011: Comparison