Mahalaxmi Temple of Kolhapur weekend getaways near Mumbai
Mahalaxmi Temple of Kolhapur near Maharashtra
Mahalaxmi Temple of Kolhapur is 400km away from Mumbai and 240 km away from Pune. Mahalaxmi shrine associated with the Goddess of prosperity is located at Kolhapur district. This is the southernmost part of Maharashtra. According to Indian mythology one of the famous Shaktipeets is Mahalaxmi, the convert of Lord Vishnu among all the four Shaktipeets which all are located in Maharashtra.
Mahalaxmi temple in Kolhapur where the Idol of Mahalaxmi is well known as Amba Bai. And this pilgrimage is located at the bank of Panchganga River which is well known as “Dakshin kashi”. Mahalaxmi significance in Dakshin kashi is more than Uttar kashi.
Historical and Religious Importance of Mahalaxmi Temple of Kolhapur
Historically this ancient Mahalaxmi shrine was constructed by King Karandev the Chalukya ruler in 7th century AD. In 9th century it is extended by Shilahara Yadavas. There are lot of pilgrimage at Dakshin kashi and this famous and ancient temple is 240 km from north Pune which basically on the national Pune highway. Heavy devotees are seen here, who came for the fulfillment of their wishes. Fabulous architectural beauty can be seen inside and outside of the temple.
How to Reach Mahalaxmi Temple, Kolhapur
Kolhapur has Airport near Ujlaiwadi. It is well connected by Railway Station and by Bus with the important cities of India.
· Kolhapur has an airport. Its 13 km away from the city. Regular flights are landed here from the major cites.
· Kolhapur is equally connected with the major cities through trains. Kolhapur has a railway station which connected with Mumbai, Pune, Titupati, Banglore, Ahmedabad and Delhi by daily trains.
- By Road
· Kolhapur district is 395km away from Mumbai and 225km from Pune. Both cities are the neighbor cities of Maharashtra state. And from Maharashtra to Kolhapur has a less distance to Kolhapur.
Timings of the Mahalaxmi Temple
- The temple is open from 4 pm to 11 pm.
Other Weekend getaways from Mumbai:
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Ajanta
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Alibag
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Amboli
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Bhandardara
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Ellora
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Ganpatipule
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Kamshet
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Karjat
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Karnala Bird Sanctuary
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Khandala Lonavala
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Mahabaleshwar
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Malshej Ghat
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Matheran
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Murud-Janjira
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Pachmarhi
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Panchgani
- Weekend getaways from Mumbai: Shirdi
- Best Weekend Getaways Kolkata, Top weekend getaways Kolkata near by
- Top Weekend Getaways Chennai, Best Weekend Getaways Chennai
- Best Hyderabad Weekend Getaways, Top Hyderabad Weekend Getaways
- Monsoon Weekend Getaways from Bangalore, Weekend Getaways near Bangalore
- Monsoon Weekend Getaways from Kolkata: Bishnupur and Jagannath Puri
- Hills Stations Near Delhi, NCR, Hill Station weekend getaways for Delhi NCR
- Top 5 honeymoon destinations, Top honeymoon locations in India, best spots
- Weekend getaways from Bangalore offering respite from the summer heat
- Indian Online Travel Buyers are Deal Hunters
- Hill Stations near Mumbai, Hill station weekend getaways near Mumbai
- Vengurla Malvan Beach Weekend Getaways near Mumbai
- Beach Weekend Getaways Near Mumbai and Pune: Mandwa and Kihim Beach
- Beach Weekend Getaways near Mumbai
- Weekend Getaways near Mumbai Dahanu Bordi Beach
- Nasik Holy City near Mumbai, Maharashtra