Knight Rider Ford Mustang up for auction, proceeds for children's charity
If you remember the popular Knight Rider series on TV during the 90’s you can also not forget the K.I.T.T (Knight Industries Two Thousand) driven by the charming David Hasslehoff who played Michael Knight. The show was an instant hit and people went gaga over the black Pontiac Tans Am. Later the reboot of Knight Rider hit the web in 2008 but unfortunately the series could not grab the attention expected.
Viewers were disappointed to see a Shelby Mustang GT500KR replacing the original Pontiac. The first season of the show was a dud and NBC has no plan to flag off second season. The producers are now auctioning one of the two cars through Profile in History.
Profile of History is the world’s largest auctioneer of original Hollywood memorabilia and has allotted lot # 122 to the Ford Mustang from the K.I.T.T that comes with a GT500KR sticker. The car is powered by a 4.0 L engine with a five speed automatic transmission instead of a V6 or a V8. The auction will be held on November 6th, 2010 at The Globe Theater in Universal Studios.
According to NBC the impressive car was purpose-built by Cinema Vehicle Services for the production and comes with a certificate of authenticity from the company. The car will be auctioned by Profiles in History at its Hollywood Memorabilia Auction 42 and has an estimated worth between $25,000 -$35,000. The proceeds of the auction will benefit the VARIETY Children’s Charity.
The car going under the hammer at the auction is a jet black 2008 Ford Mustang which was extensively modified with Ford Shelby GT 500KR components. These include KR front bumper assembly, KR rear bumper cover, HID headlamps, black KR stripe kit, front and rear spoilers, GT 500KR seats with red inserts and embroidered Carroll Shelby headrests and 20-inch forged SVT wheels. The car also bears K.I.T.T’s signature red sweeping scanner mounted at the front, carbon fiber side mirror covers, appropriate badging and Momo steering wheel.
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011