Honda CBR250R bike set for launch in India at price Rs. 3 lac in 2011
The Indian bike segment is getting hot with entry of high powered premium bikes. Honda is all ready to hit the market with the launch of Honda CBR250R in 2011. It is a very lightweight and affordable streetbike and it has got a sporting heritage. It can have a good competition with Kawasaki Ninja 250R.
The Honda CBR250R bike features an all new liquid cooled, 240 cc four valve DOHC engine with a counterbalance and fuel injection. Induction is PGM-FI with a 38mm throttle body which is fed by a 3.4 gallon gas tank. The engine has a six-speed transmission. Honda CBR250R comes in colors like metallic black or red/silver.
The bore and stroke of the bike Honda CBR 250R is 76mmX 55mm. The compression ration is 10.7:1. There is the computer controlled digital transistorized ignition with electronic advance. Recounting about the feat of success Honda Powersports Press Manager Bill Savino said "This is really an amazing machine we're adding to Honda's list of models for 2011.
The CBR250R is specifically aimed at new riders, yet it's packed full of high-tech features and offers great performance, all in a lightweight, affordable package. This new model expands another segment of the market for Honda buyers."
Brakes of this bike have been taken care of by providing single discs for front and rear which is 296 mm in the front and 220 mm in the back. It has got a 53.9 inch wheelbase, a seta height of 30.9 inches and a curb weight ready to ride of 359 lbs., 368 lbs. for the ABS model. The fuel capacity for this bike is however 13 liters and the claimed consumption is 4 liters per 100 kilometer.
Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India (Private) Limited has also announced that they are also going to start the production of CBR 250R by next spring. Honda which is already ruling the Indian market with CB Twister and CB Unicorn Dazzler will bring the CBR 250R by mid January 2011. it is to be seen that how far this bike does good business and keeps to the reputation of the company as regards to the performance.
- Suzuki Hayate 110 Price in India, Suzuki Hayate 110 Features, Mileage 60
- Bajaj Pulsar 200NS Price
- TVS Star City Price in India, Upgraded TVS Star City 2012 Features, Specs
- Bajaj KTM Duke 200 Price in India, Bajaj KTM Duke 200 Features and Booking
- New Bajaj Boxer 150cc price
- Yamaha R15 version 2.0 Price
- Hero Honda Glamour price Hero Honda Glamour price and mileage up to 80 kmpl
- Bajaj Ninja 250 R price, Bajaj Ninja 250R price and Features Review
- New Bajaj Boxer Price, Bajaj Boxer 125CC launch 2011, mileage, Bajaj Boxer
- Bajaj Discover 125cc price, Discover 125 cc mileage, power good combination