Honda Airbag recall, 437,000 cars recall in US and Globally
Honda is the latest news maker for bad reason in the automobile industry- recalling the faulty airbags this time. Initially Honda did recall 378,758 cars both in US and Canada on Tuesday. But on Wednesday Honda has included another 437,000 recalls in less than 48 hours.
Only last month Honda made what is called the Fit Recall for approximately 646,000 Fit hatchbacks from the 2007-2008 models of Jazz and city models from Asia, South Africa, Europe, North and South America.
Honda models like Accord, Odyssey, Acura CL and Civic produced way back in 2002 are said to be affected by this faulty airbags. These Honda car airbags were made in US by Japan’s Takata Corp. The airbag recall is estimated to cost $67 per car and a total loss of about $30 million for the Japanese automobile giant. After 12 accidents linked to this issue were noticed, the Honda has to recall the airbags.
Only recently Honda’s prime rival Toyota got into troubled waters for security issues. Looks like 2010 started off with challenges and issues for these two Automobile companies. If you own a Honda and would like to check the status of the airbag installed then immediately check online or call (800) 999-1009. According to the Honda Press release on airbag recall, it is said that the company had to recall the inflator assemblies which had not gone through a 100% inspection during manufacture. Looks like recall season for cars? Whose next?
Official site of Honda in US for recall and press release: http://www.honda.com/newsandviews/article.aspx?id=5376
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Chevrolet Beat diesel price in India, Beat diesel price, features ideal car
- GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011