Google Nexus One at low price for emerging countries
Google is all set to penetrate the emerging economies such as India and Russia with the launch of its handset – Nexus one. Nexus one which is now available in markets across US would be customized for the Indian market and sold as a reasonable version.
Nexus one is manufactured by HTC Taiwan and is designed and branded by Google. It was brought into the US Market on 5 January, 2010 and gained popularity due to its advanced features.
Nexus one comes after successful examples such as Nokia and Blackberry have been doing well in India. Apple I phone due to its cost has not been able to gain a large customer base. Nexus one would be launched in India considering all these factors.
Nexus one when launched in US came up with a novel business idea which was that Nexus one would not be limited to a single operator. The phone thus is sold unlocked, i.e. it would be open and free for anyone to buy it and use it. "Simply put, empowering consumers to pair a mobile device such as the Nexus One – and additional devices in the future – with the users' choice of operator and service options is a new model for selling mobile devices in the United States, one that we believe will maximize consumer benefits," Google wrote in the filing.
Nexus one with its 3.7-inch (diagonal) widescreen WVGA AMOLED touch screen has a 100,000:1 typical contrast ratio and can display images of 800 x 480 pixels. The phone has a good camera feature of 5 megapixels with 2X digital zoom. The 2.1 version of Android operating system bring animated pictures in the background as “Live wallpapers” to life, adding to the aesthetic feature of Nexus one.
How many of the existing features would be made available to the Indian market is not known. But we do know for certain that some features would be trimmed down. The strategy is underway and as per Google India Head, Mr. Ankit, “Nexus one will not come to India in its US avatar, the India specific Google Phone may be a stripped down version and priced lower!”
- Google to enter Mobile Phone Industry with Smartphone Google Nexus One
- Google Broadband at Ultra Speed and low price in next move
- Google new interface for search on mobile with optional filtering sidebar
- Google Took Microsoft Mobile Office Light, Rates Google as Best
- Google to expand Android software in China, India through cheaper mobiles
- Obi Alligator S454 price in India
- Xolo Q1100 Price in India
- XOLO Q800 X-Edition Price in India
- Gionee GPAD G2 price in India
- Salora FonTab price in India
- Nikon D7100 DSLR Price in India
- Intel XOLO X500 Price in India
- Idea Ivory Price in India
- Doro PhoneEasy 740 Price in India, Doro PhoneEasy 740 Features 5MP Camera
- Beetel GD777 Price in India, Beetel GD777 Features FM Radio, Music player