Google Android update 2.4 Ice-Cream cited on Sony Xperia Arc at CES 2011
Rumors are that Google is busy churning yet another dessert at its Android factory. Open source software developer Google that created the Android OS for mobile phones and tablets is rumored to have started working on the next Android iteration, popularly called the Ice-Cream.
The latest Android OS version 2.4 codenamed Ice-Cream is scheduled for a release sometime this summer, most likely in June or July, according to sources. The sources also say that Google will announce its latest Android update, the Ice-Cream in May at the I/O developer conference in San Francisco.
The rumors about the latest Android surfaced when a picture of Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc displayed at the recently commenced CES 2011 in Las Vegas, was seen bearing an Android version 2.4. The image taken was of one of the sub-menus of the phone that was displayed with Android v 2.4, thereby spinning the rumor mill about the next Android iteration by Google.
We only recently saw Google’s tablet specific Android version 2.3 also called the Honeycomb making a debut at the CES 2011 with Motorola’s Droid Xoom tablet. Honeycomb is the most new version of the OS released after the Gingerbread that made its debut in October last year and started to roll in December of the same year.
Coming back to Ice-Cream, one Sony Ericsson employee wrote in its company blog that the citing of the version 2.4 at Xperia Arc was a number error as misconfiguration in some of the sample pieces, Xperia Arc was launched with Gingerbread Android version. He further said that there was, ‘nothing to get excited about.’
If rumors are true, which we think can be, then Ice-Cream will be the next Android version from Google, keeping intact the search giant’s idea of naming its Android updates in alphabetical order after popular desserts. The earlier versions were Cupcake with a ‘C’, Donut with a ‘D’, Éclair with an ‘E’, Froyo with an ‘F’, Gingerbread with a ‘G’and Honeycomb with an ‘H’.
- Sony Xperia Tipo price in India, Sony Xperia Tipo Features 3G connectivity
- Sony SmartWatch Price in India, Sony SmartWatch Features Bluetooth
- Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S Price India, Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S Features
- Sony Tablet P Price in India, Sony Tablet P price and features NVIDIA Tegra
- Sony PSP3 price in India discounted from Sept 2011, Sony PSP3 price for 320GB an
- Sony S2 Tablet price in India, Sony S2 Tablet features Android OS
- Sony S1 Tablet price in India, Sony S1 Tablet features NVIDIA Tegra 2
- Sony Xperia Mini price in India, Xperia Mini features 5MP camera
- Sony Projector Handycam price in India, Sony Projector price and features
- Sony Xperia Duo price in India, Sony Xperia Duo price and features Android