GM Beat now with diesel model launch in July 2011, GM Beat price in India
General Motors India is in top gears to launch its popular hatchback, the Chevrolet Beat in diesel. GM Beat diesel model will be launched in July 2011. GM plans to increment its existing portfolio with the launch of Beat with diesel motor and looking forward to boost the sales of the hatchback significantly. The GM Beat diesel variant of Beat price in India will be around Rs. 4 Lac.
GM Beat diesel mileage 26 kmpl will be much better than its petrol model. In the wake of growing preference for a diesel car among auto customers, GM is also planning to offer its successful small car Beat in diesel variant that will be more fuel-efficient and will offer better performance.
German automaker GM will manufacture the diesel engine for the GM Beat new model at GM’s Talegaon plant in Maharashtra. It took GM about three years and an investment of about $230 million on the plant to develop and produce the diesel train for Beat. The facility has the capacity to produce 1.60 lac units per annum.
The diesel variant of Beat will incorporate a 1 L engine that has been jointly manufactured by GM India and GM Europe and will produce power of 57 bhp and 140 Nm of torque. GM had earlier planned for a June launch of Beat diesel but owning to strike at its facility the plan got delayed to July, 2011.
It is interesting to note that GM’s Beat diesel promises to return a mileage of 26kmpl which is an impressive number. Currently the most fuel efficient car in the segment in India is recently introduced Tata Indica Vista that offers a mileage of 25kmpl and with Beat promising 1 kmpl more than Vista, GM will surely have an edge above the Tata vehicle and becomes the most fuel efficient car in the country.
Chevrolet Beat diesel model price will be more than Beat petrol that comes with a price tag of Rs. 3.55 lac but at the same time GM has priced its car at par or slightly lesser than the other rivals in the segment namely, Tata Indica eV2, Ford Figo and Maruti Suzuki Ritz.
- Honda Brio price in India, Honda Brio Petrol model price in India
- Force One SUV price
- Honda CR-V Crossover 2012 launch in India, Honda CR-V Crossover price India
- Spark 800, GM Chevrolet Spark 800 compact car to be launched by 2011
- Honda Brio launch, Honda Brio price: urban car designed for congested roads
- Camaro launch in India, Camaro launch date and price, Camaro price in India
- Volkswagen Vento Technical Specification, Volkswagen Vento Review, VW India
- Honda readies to launch new face lifted Jazz on Indian shores in 2011
- BMW X1 is again popular and the most liked car in India
- How to wash car at home, Tips to wash car at home, Easy tips to wash car